What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all,

I went over to see Forbes' house to see his U. nelumbifolia in bloom. I brought my camera and took quite a few pictures, so here are a few for those of you who haven't been so fortunate as to see his collection in person.

DSC09341.jpg

Dionaea muscipula "Fang"

DSC09345.jpg

Sarracenia flava... Anyone wanna guess on the (edit: ) variety? ;)

DSC09383.jpg

Dionaea muscipula 'Red Dragon'

DSC09384.jpg

Drosophyllum lusitanicum in bloom.

DSC09387.jpg

A Diptera species on the lid of a Sarracenia var. 'Ladies in Waiting'

DSC09395.jpg

Utricularia nelumifolia

DSC09416.jpg

Drosera ordensis

DSC09434.jpg

Drosera regia

DSC09436.jpg

Drosera x hybrida

Hope you enjoy!
smilie4.gif

vbery nice! Forbes is a nice guy, he sent me replacement Aldrovandas for mine that died when I didnt even ask! the subspieces on the flava- heavy viened or copper top??

Incredibly great looking pictures!

Wow, I've never seen D. ordensis before. Very charming. Excellent pictures Noah - thanks for sharing!
~Joe

The flava are flava var. flava
note flavas are var. not ssp.

Thanks for the comments. The pictures are only great because the plants Forbes grows are stunning.... seriously.

Thanks for the correction Treaqum. I don't think the plant is a Flava var. flava though... it looks like an intermediate of rugelii and ornata. But as Barry Rice pointed out, spending too much time analizing forms may result in insanity.

Woah....All I can say is woah...

Sweet pictures of sweeter plants!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (noah @ May 26 2005,6:39)]But as Barry Rice pointed out, spending too much time analizing forms may result in insanity.
That could explain a few things!
smile_n_32.gif

Back