What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trip through the Gates Of The Mountains

a canyon on the upper Missouri river over by Helena, MT

BTW if you know what ANY of the plants are please tell me as i have no clue

this is something along the lines of "Calcea's(sp?) moss" its not actually a moss, i cannot find any info on it, if anyone knows ANYTHING ON IT PLEASE LET ME KNOW! sorry for the blurry closeup but i was hanging on to the side of a cliff trying for the pic
Untitled-13.jpg

Untitled-14-1.jpg

ferns on the dry limestone
Untitled-10-1.jpg

some vine....would like to know what it is
Untitled-8-2.jpg

unknown flower on limestone cliff
Untitled-7-3.jpg

Untitled-6-7.jpg

shots from the river
Untitled-5-8.jpg

Untitled-3-11.jpg

Untitled-2-13.jpg

Untitled-1-14.jpg

Oh Wow! oddly enough, it actually reminds me of when I visited the Yukon river last summer...

-Gabe

What is the class on that river??

that portion of the river is actually lake. there is a dam several miles down the river from where i was. at though where i was at was on the upper reaches and was mainly around 35 feet deep.......IIRC it wasnt that rough of a sectio of the river when Lewis and Clark went through

alright, i believe its called Kelsey's "moss" and was discovered by Francis Duncan Kelsey sometime between 1885 and 1893............but thats only if i got the right guy.....anyone else able to figure it out. the dang plant is in none of my wildflower books i cant find anything on the web...........the stuff was everywhere on the limestone in that canyon........

thats on the couch next to me at the moment.......its not in there........... :grin:

Looks like a sedum to me.

i am 110% sure its not a sedum........had my hands on the plant, inspected it up close.....defiantly not a sedum.........

Back