What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tree frogs

i hear that some people are having problems with tree frogs such as the pacific or whatever , i also hear they like to make there hom,es in pitcher plants and whatsoever . i'm just wondering if some one can get me some , i want to start a terrium with a few of them and with my new plants as well .

There are many websites that sells treefrogs. Even thought some tree frogs may only cost 5-10 dollars. Buying them online will cause them to come with shipping costing 30-40 dollars. My guess is they will be cheaper to buy them at your local pet store.

Yea, ordering a common ole' green tree (Hyla cinceria? spelling) or other common species will cost less online, but once you add in the $35 shipping (1 day for live arrival, i have recieved many a herp via mail). Even though i hate large, "chain" petstores (for many reasons, moslty concerning the lack of information and care provided to each animal), you may have ome luck finding one at these places. If it was to me, just wait for a herp show, pay the small entrance fee, and get a cool tree frog and enjoy the other herps.

At least you have herps show near you, the closest one will take me 4 hours to drive, and 4 hours to come back. I'm thinking abouit going next year just for some dart frogs and leopard geckos. An 8 hour drive will save me around 150 dollars. Is it worth is? Its 18.75 for hour =D.

lol, $18.75 an hour, you mean gas right? That equals to $150 lol. You won't be saving anything
confused.gif
wow.gif
. Try mailorder
smile.gif

No...I mean I'll be saving the shipping amount, but that means that for every hour I go, would be the shipping amount for each hour. So I'm saving 18.75 for the shipping amount an hour.

ghostface.gif
kingsnake.com is very inexpencive but you have to go to classifieds.

Yea, KS is the best online source for anything herp related.

never mind i thought ceph started the post
biggrin.gif

LOL, yep, I am Eastbay Vivarium very often, often checkin' out the hatchling kings and milks. I love it there, but they tend to be a bit on the pricey side. They have great setups at IRBA shows, though.

Back