What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

transplanting venus flytrap seedlings (before and after pics)

i transplanted my batch of venus flytrap seedlings. thankfully i collected some seeds last year because there was a 3 week deep freeze that killed all my adult plants (i had over a hundred in one big pot) i think this will jump start my collection again. i counted them and there are exactly 265 :) they are almost 4 months old

BEFORE:

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

AFTER:

IMG_3045.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

:-D

Nice minefield there . . .

Nicely done! It's a lot of work, huh? I repotted somewhere around 1500 VFT seedlings this winter. I now wish I'd have potted them further apart when I did the repotting. I potted them about the same distance apart as you have your and they were about the same size in December. Now they've completely overgrown each other.

Last edited:
I suggest if you want to feed them get some flightless D. hydei / molonagaster fruit flies. Main difference between them is size and breeding rate but both breed very quickly! Get a couple cultures get one big one combine with flies and you can feed dews/pings/neps/pitchers/VFTS (small size) and nearly anything else. Great for mantids etc too! LOL I want something like that with dews!! :D

It's like a carpet! WOW! imagine growing that thick as adults!

these babies will be going in my new mini bog when theyre bigger. i think flytraps look better when theyre crowded. heres what my old pot of flytraps looked like:

Flytrapssummer.jpg

Talk about the Valley of the Shadow of Death..

Back