What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trader Joe

upper

Capensis Killer
i got this a couple of days ago, uprooted it, made like 6 division from it, and here's a picture for you professional to identify it if you can. thanks.

IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

btw, on the bottom of the pot, it says cobra lily, but its obviousely not...

nah, that's some kind of sarr

so this is my first "take a guess" thing, so well see how I do with just a basic guess lol.

could it be some sort of S. minor since the hoods are down over the opening?

..again, dont go with what im guessing, its probably not right :blush:

Um...my guess is either purp x flava or purp x minor o.o, buuut, I have no clue :3. It's very hard to identify exactly an unknown hyrbid, if you don't know, just label it Purp Hyrbid.

are you 100% sure purp is in this mix?

Can't see it? Shape, ruffled and veined lid.

most of my sarrs have ruffled and veined lid....

Ok...but, that's a purp lid ;)

Check out the ala on that baby. Looks rather purpish to me.prob some kind of complex hybrid , that is more than 2 or 3 species in the genetic make-up.
FYIThere is one large wholesaler who calls all pitcher plants, Cobra plants

darn... i'll just tag it as purp complex hybrid?

My Trader Joes only has stupid orchids.... Not even good orchids just phaleonopsis.

I would go with a purp hybrid as well, but something no one has mentioned so far is that it has fenestrations -- so I would think some minor in there as well.

The lid is not curved over enough to lead me to believe any psittacinia

So I am going with S purp x minor -- of course it could be a complex hybrid then it is the 'who knows' species

I used to have a plant just like that. My guess is that it is S. purpurea x (purpurea x minor), because if it were S. purpurea x minor, it would stand more erect because of S. minor lineage.

I would certainly buy that it is a S. purpurea x (purpurea x minor) -- but it doesn't look THAT recumbent to me.

It's the same one I got. I'm just gonna label mine Purpurea/Minor Hybrid.

*does a happy dance....i wasnt too far off!*

i wish we had a trader joes....we just have the whole foods and they have orchids mostly. I did fine a passionflower once! Not too many CP places around here.

Back