What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toodle loo

I am off for a three day camp, and will be picking some tunes at the Mayville Bluegrass Fest. 10.00 for 3 days of National class talent, and lots of playing with the pickers there...what a deal! See ya!

Sounds fun! Any national class talent I might have heard of?
Either way, enjoy your camp/mini-vacation!

Pat

Mayville, NY on Chatauqua Lake, if anyone is in the area. Vassar Clemons is the lead name. !!!!!!!

Have fun Tamlin!
Oh yeah, could you reply to my private message before you go?
Regards,
Dino:)

Our Sundew god moonlights as a guitar god. I've had the oppurtunity to hear him play. He's almost as good with the guitar as he is at growing sundews.
Have fun
Let us know how it goes.

I was expecting Tamlin to post what a great time we had but getting back to reality has set in.  So, for anyone out there who might be interested ...
We left Friday afternoon for this bluegrass festival going on in this tiny little town on Chautauqua Lake - Mayville, right near the western corner of New York.  We stayed at a campground on Lake Erie (with the NY State Thruway on the other side of us :frown:).  They had some of the top names in bluegrass and had Chris Hillmann, formally of the Byrds, et al & Herb Peterson, The Dillards & Desert Rose and Al Perkins, who has played with just about everyone - like Emmylou Harris, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young...  Vassar Clements, whom you may never had heard of unless you follow bluegrass but he's awesome.  And a bunch more great musicians.  All this for $10. each for the weekend.  Unbelievable.  We had a great time.  Looking forward to it again next year.  Tamlin had this photographer take about 30 shots of him, he was bordering on being a nuisance.  He was freelancing & I haven't been able to find any pics online.  
laugh.gif

Back