What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too moist?

• Thread starter Deana
  • Start date
  • Tags
    soil
is my soil too moist? it's moist, but how moist should it be? i dont wanna kill it!

ps i named mine, am i a weirdo? lol i just think its sooo cute. i named it Brando.

If it is in a tray with about an inch of water it will do fine. Opinions may vary but works for me.

Sidenote:
Just do not stick any lady bugs in the soil...like just did
sad.gif
The darn ladybug was not moving so I used a pair of tweezers and now it is buried between my to two vfts.
mad.gif

travis

Stupid ladybug...just came out of the dirt. Now it is running around. The darn thing did not move for two hours
confused.gif
. Ok enough plabbering...

Hey, it is fine to be weird. If you to personally get to know me, I would be one of the weirdest guys you know.
One inch of water would be fine. Let it drain and dissapear and refill it. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong.
wink.gif

Cool thanx guys!!

Silly lady bug... lol. at least it's not harming your vft anymore right?

I don't know...I rammed it in there pretty good. It was ticking me off
mad.gif
and my luck with vfts and dormancy. I thought I was going to kill my vft.  Certainly can not help my chances...it will be meeting a certain death by Nep
tounge.gif
. Teaches you one thing never try anything new k/d.
tounge.gif

Gahh!!!!! I hated dormancy. It was my first and it was horrible. But I learned a lot and now I think I am more prepared for this next winter.

I fed a ladybug to one of my vfts once. I had heard that they wouldn't digest any kind of beetle because of the hard exoskeleton but I tried it just for fun. It did digest it, but I think it was easier because it was a small, baby ladybug.

If your plant is in full sun, you can give it a lot of water and let the tray run dry for one day a week. If your plant does not have full sun or it is winter, just keep the soil damp, don't let water just sit stagnent in a tray or you'll get crown rot. Actually, it better to just keep the soil damp at all times, but if direct sun it can be hard to keep it from drying out to fast.

P.S. Mine have names too
wink.gif

Thanks Darcie, that helps! I try to keep it in the sunlight as much as I can... I put him on a windowsill and keep the soil nice and moist. He has a friend now too! My brother's vft, they named it Audrey.. I know, very unoriginal LOL.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Deana @ Mar. 25 2003,10:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks Darcie, that helps!  I try to keep it in the sunlight as much as I can... I put him on a windowsill and keep the soil nice and moist.  He has a friend now too!  My brother's vft, they named it Audrey.. I know, very unoriginal LOL.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
LOL, that cool. Mine have more boring names like Snapper, Green, Big Red and Little Red.

Back