What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

to repot, or to not repot(cephs)...I guess

growergray

Just a guy
Hey all, a quick search didn't answer my question, so I'll just ask.
I've had my small cephs in a 3"pot for about 2 years now without bothering them. In the last few months, they've been putting out a decent number of adult pitchers. So this leads to my question:

Would it be better to repot the plants in a taller pot with some new soil (yes, I'll be keeping some of the old soil around the roots), or should I just leave them be for another year?

Thanks in advance!

Do you have any pictures? We need to see if they are starting to overgrow the pots.

putting it into a bigger pot is prolly a good idea if for no other reason than to put it in some fresh soil.....

I would prepare a larger pot and leave room to take the entire contents from the smaller pot to be placed on top. And then water to meld the media.

Just like jimscott said put the whole thing in the new pot. Don't disturb the roots if possible.

I too would repot. After two years, the soil has got to be at its end. And as previously stated, just watch the roots.

I would prepare a larger pot and leave room to take the entire contents from the smaller pot to be placed on top. And then water to meld the media.

Alright, looks like I'll be doing just that. Thanks to everybody who responded!

Back