What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Borneo and Back Again - And Wrote A Book About It

Hello all,

until about 10 years ago, I was quite active in this forum. At the time, I lived in Taiwan and had a greenhouse with ca. 300 Nepenthes on my garage top. In 2007 I attended the Sarawak Nepenthes Summit in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysian Borneo (see also my related posts), which triggered the decision to move to Borneo so I could visit wild Nepenthes any time I wanted. In 2011 this plan came to fruition, and my family and I spent the following nine years roaming the jungles in Borneo. Apart from carnivorous plants, I soon also developed a strong interest in pretty much everything else the equatorial rainforests had to offer. Eventually, I wrote a humorous, yet informative book about my Road to the Rainforest and our subsequent encounters with Borneo's enormous biodiversity. It will be published in October, and I'm convinced it will be of interest to many members here. Please see the link below for more information.

A Greenhorn Naturalist in Borneo
A Greenhorn Naturalist in Borneo Cover Whittles.png

Thank you very much for looking!

Hans Breuer, aka Twoton

That sounds wonderful! What an adventure for you and your family. I also like your purple N. bicalcarata.

Back