What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G

I seem to have an abundance of very small pots (1" to 3"). I also have an abundance of Drosera and Ping seedlings germinating. My question is: can I transplant the seedlings to the small pots for a while? Or do I need to put them all in bigger pots? What size pots do these guys need?
The seedlings are:
D. capensis "typical"
D. spatulata
D. burmanni
D. intermedia
D. filiformis filiformis
D. binata
Pings
P. primuliflora
P. ionantha
P. moranensis

The sell those kinds of plants in stores in three inch pots, so i'de say its safe for the first year ortwo (depending on species)

yes it is perfectely fine to have seedlings in small pots until they get larger and need a larger pot. If you need some, i have plenty of used (ewww...used! lol) 3" pots.

Ok, thank you. I thought it should be ok.. I just wanted to make sure. Don't want to do anything to jeopardize my "babies"
smile.gif

That's what I am doing also. Even these little pots look WAAAY too big for the little seedlings! --But they are now starting to take off -- like they want to grow up and finally get bigger.

John

Back