What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timelapse Nep

Hello,
 A while back I started a time lapse photo setup, just using regular materials, for fun.  As you can see it was pretty crude.

Interestingly, it was this project that got me into CPs in the first place, as I got my test subject at Lowe's and saw a VFT, and purchased it just for fun.

So I  was wondering if anyone had done any neps under time lapse.  I would immagine it would be really interesting.  Has anyone seen any time lapse nep videos?  I'm hoping someone has a quicktime of one they could point me to.

I would be interested in trying it in the future, but do not have the leangth of time needed (I travel a lot now).

---Lane

P.S.
If you are interested in seeing my results, you can see them here (quicktime):
large movie

small movie

These show about 2 months of activity, give or take a week

Most important advice.... don't let the sun factor in at all into the shot.  I thought my flash could "overpower" it... guess not.

That is pretty cool. I would like to see the development of a nepenthes pitcher... that would be awesome.

an upper, to see how it gropes around the air for something to grab... oooh...
tounge.gif

ritlane,

I seen it in at least one carnivorous plants video.  I think David Attenborough has in one of his Trials of Life video as well.

BTW, those video clips are a great start! Keep playing with it when you have time.

Back