What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three 175 watt metal halide bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
If you have 175 watt metal halide light fixtures, this is a major deal. These bulbs are standard base. The retail on these bulds are close to $40. The auction is for three.
These bulbs are great to use as grow lights.

Bidding starts at $2. I'll pay shipping.

Are they new bulbs? If they aren't new, how long have you been using them?

Brand spanking new.

I forgot to mention that these bulbs only work if you have a 175w metal halide fixture.

I have 175 and 400 watt metal halides here. My house be a glowin' and you can follow the light to come and visit me! I actually need a 400 watt right now but I can always stash the 175s.

These bulbs are worth about $120. Can I get at least $10?

$10. If I win, I'll sell them to Ron for $60.

Who's Ron?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ May 22 2005,6:41)]Who's Ron?
I'm sorry--don't know if he wants his cover blown. If he reads my post (which he will), you'll probably know. In the meantime, I'll get fixtures for those high intensity babies once the authorities stop snooping around.
smile_m_32.gif

Er uh Joe... have you ever checked prices on metal halides before?  There are other considerably more affordable ways to go with lighting that can work equally as well.  Say, don't mind me... keep bidding. I was just trying to keep the peace at the JBL house with the little woman.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ May 22 2005,7:43)]Er uh Joe... have you ever checked prices on metal halides before?  There are other considerably more affordable ways to go with lighting that can work equally as well.  Say, don't mind me... keep bidding. I was just trying to keep the peace at the JBL house with the little woman.
Yeah, I know they're pricey, but I hated to see them go for $2 (even to you my friend). I will sell them if I win them, so bid a buck or two more than me, and you can have them--I know you have the fixtures. And please understand that I'm not trying to make you part with more dollars--just trying to help the cause. It seems that $10 is stealing when it comes to these things!

BTW, the 'little woman' can kick my posterior all over the place!! Thanks for the help...

Sure that's what they all say.  If the truth be known... I bought a bunch of 5700K 175watt bulbs at a closeout for a lighting store that went under a few years ago.  These bulbs last about 10,000 hours so you don't go through a ton.  I was just sort of tossing a bid out there to get the auction going and if I won I was going to tell him to keep them and offer them again next year as the postage would have been more than $2. I really need two 400 watt bulbs. Mine has several thousand hours on it and I'm thinking it should be retired soon. I'll be thinking of you when the frying pan hits the ole noggin!  Badda bing badda bong!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JBL @ May 22 2005,6:20)]$10. If I win, I'll sell them to Ron for $60.
Hmmm - I suspect that this is some type of back-handed retribution for the few innocent Drool Detector comments that have appeared here or there.....
smile_l_32.gif

....But maybe there's a much more deserving "Ron" who is able & willing to actually pay $60 for Mr. JBL's bulbs....
confused.gif

Payment has been recieved.

Bump.

Sorry. Keep the lights, Ozzy and my $10 to NASC. Close it out.

Thanks, But if you ever need any let me know. They will be yours for free.

T.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back