What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thought I would share my knowledge.

Well, since you guys are giving me so much help in regards to the CPs, I was hoping I might do the same for you with respects to fish. When I first started Uni, I supported myself through breeding, trading and selling tropical fish. I had a 120 tank set up in a large shed. My main knowledge bases revolve around tank busters, odd balls, African cichlids, gold fish and koi and other such things. If you want to know something, just ask. I can give you hints and tips on getting just about anything to breed, right from bichir and spotted fresh water rays, to you bettas. *shrugs* Just thought I would throw the offer out there.

P.S. Now that I'm doing my PhD, my fish breeding days are pretty much packed in for the time being. I still have two large displace tanks that I just keep for my personal amusement.

which medicine do you think is the best for "pop-eye" and uhh "white stuff on fins". Their red fish that kiss each other. their in a 75 tank, and its 78F. 4 Died already.. afterwe got a new 'cleaner catfish' and Now theres 4 left.

I have two bichar in the 50 gallon tank. How do you sex them and breed them? I would love to get more.

Halt; you can't treat pop-eye (exophthalmus) as it's caused by a thyroid problem or from an internal parasite or infection, as such, pop-eye is a symptom and not a disease as such. You can use a generic anti-fungus thing for your fin-rot problems, though I'd look closer to ensure that it is not white-spot (ich) in which most pet shops should stock countless white-spot treatment. Don't use general medications in case of white-spot (they're not good enough). Also, if you have killed four kissing gouramis that quickly, I'd say there is something very wrong with the water you are using. Plus 'cleaner catfish'. Can you be more specific?

Frilleon, first, it would help if you told me which of the bichiar species you had as there are some you can breed and some you cannot. In the case of the latter, large earth ponds, hormone injections and other things are often required. I have bred Ornate and Sengalas, but you will suffer great losses in regards to the eggs as they can fungus up on you at the drop of a hat.

Back