What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This weekend oct 26, 2002

G

Jesse Jones park in Houston, TX will be having a carnivorous plant discussion and exhibit Oct. 26, 2002 at 10am til
confused.gif

Jack Police ( Pitcher Plant Jack ), PFT.com staff, and Michael Pagoulatos of www.carnivorousplantsoftexas.org

Here is the contact information below....

http://www.cp4.hctx.net/jones/ Jones Park phone: (281) 446-8588

Below is the very nice ( for a change
smile.gif
) write up on the CP Listserv:

Hello folks,

if you are in the Houston, TX area, consider visiting the Jesse H. Jones Park &
Nature Center , located in Humble, just north of Houston on Hwy 59
http://www.cp4.hctx.net/jones/ (Jones Park phone: (281) 446-8588).

Mike Howlett is the programmer/naturalist/herpetoculturist at this small Harris Co. park. He and his wife built a small bog with East Texas CPs, and host basic "CP programs" at their nature center periodically during the year.

Between Mike's personal plants, Jack Police's fabulous Sarracenias, and some generous donations from Phillip and Jeff from petflytrap.com, there are plenty of CPs to admire.

Their next such gathering is on Saturday, October 26 at 10 a.m.

Take care,

Michael Pagoulatos
www.carnivorousplantsoftexas.org

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Oh man... just a few miles out of my range. Post some pics if you get a chance.

Man, I used to live in texas. I wish they had events on cps here in Alaska.

Man, I alway miss the good stuff...
mad.gif
sad.gif
well, at least CA have society meetings I can go to...
biggrin.gif

tell us how it goes...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
too bad I can't go, though. It would be cool to meet the co-owner of petflytrap, jaie!

I would love a meet and greet with BOTH Phil AND Jeff... Too bad I'm like, twenty million thousand miles away... In Canada...

Let's see, if I get in my car after class and drive straight through I should get there sometime on.....

Sunday
tounge.gif

As I live in Dallas, I could easily make it down to Houston--but NOOOOOOOO--I have to go to a stupid conference in Oklahoma City. Have fun in Houston, all!!

I wish I could be there
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

my bank manger wouldn't like me to pay the cost of flight and didn't want even after I ask nicely to pay for it
so sorry friends
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

hope one day
Arie

Pyro,

I am sure that there will still be food and 'beverages' on Sunday..

When this time rolls around for me, it is party week before, of and after!!
smile.gif

I just wanted to toss out what is going on, so if anyone was in the area, you know what to expect!
wink.gif

I am sure that more things will be in store as time goes by, and as I get days right and more of an advanced notice, I will share it with all of you!
smile.gif

And phlitrapguy...I said PFT.com staff..that includes you!

Next time I go to the FL panhandle to visit a friend there I will try to stop by!
smile.gif
Most likely it won't happen though. I guess the phone is always available though! I can tlak to you guys on the phone!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Back