What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is what i hate

• Thread starter Wesley
  • Start date

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
I hate when it seems like this is happening:
devil-smiley-020.gif

huh.gif

um... ok...

..Am I the only one who knows exactly what he's talking about AND AGREES?

Comcast broadband just upgraded to 4mbps downstream from 3mbps... So, no. I don't know.
smilie4.gif

Andrew

I don't either. I usually read while downloading.
smile_n_32.gif

I don't know what you mean either. I'm on dial-up. Or do you mean...it gets almost to 100% and you get booted and have to start all over?? Cuz that really sucks.

hehe....primitive dial up users.. mayb you should go reinvent the wheel..mwahahahha:angry:

Don't go there, man. I proudly use a 1998 Gateway PC and it's the toughest hunk of junk there is... replace the keyboard every few years? Hell no! This keyboard is the ORIGINAL, been here 7 years, like the rest of the computer (except the printer), and it only crapped out on me ONCE, and it bounced back from that. The printer had to be replaced only because my grandfather had a temper tantrum one time and hit it, knocking some stuff loose inside. Them new-age, flat-screen, touch-key computers are so pansy they have to be replaced more often than freakin' CHEESE!

Revenge is sweet.

Oi! dial-up sucks and all but's all I got because the cable company is too far away! They want use to pay them 600 dollars to dig a freaking ditch for crying out loud! Would you pay that much for them to dig a stupid ditch?!

Yeah, dial-up DOES suck, but that doesn't make new computers better than old ones!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Feb. 17 2005,9:38)]Yeah, dial-up DOES suck, but that doesn't make new computers better than old ones!
I got 4.0 Gigahertz that say otherwise.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Feb. 17 2005,6:38)]Yeah, dial-up DOES suck, but that doesn't make new computers better than old ones!
Where do you get the idea we are talking about age of computers? I'm pretty sure this whole thread is refering to internet download speed.... I guess I could be wrong.
smile_n_32.gif
ha
Andrew

I dissagree by the way. I don't change parts on my newer computer because it's breaking. I do it to be faster etc. I love new stuff. One of my favorite add ons is wireless RF keyboard and mouse. They are about 3 years old by the way and have giver zero problems. Cept you can't read some of the keys... But who needs to see them anyway?

Old hardware gets useless mainly because operating systems stop supporting it (or those operating systems themselves stop getting supported). Almost all of my PC hardware no matter how cheap has easily lived long enough for that to happen.

If a person is content to run Win95 there are all sorts of perfectly good computers out there they can adopt.

Andrew, you can't read your keys after only three years? Good Lord... My 7-year-old keys are perfectly new-like, with an exception of the fact that the right half of the spacebar is worn completely smooth and shiny.

Yeah my old crappy keyboard is about 7-8 years old as well and I can see the keys perfectly. They're not even coming close to fading. Though it is really dirty. I like the clicking sound it makes when I type. Haha I'ma freak

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Feb. 18 2005,12:05)]Andrew, you can't read your keys after only three years?
I can only susspect it is either my extensive use of typing... Or over cleaning... There are generally two types of people. Those who don't clean thier desk areas (more germs than the bathroom EWWW!!) and those who do. (me. 3 times a week at least) The only one missing completly is A. The ones partially missing are S,K,L right shift, and enter. I dont' think that's too bad.
smile.gif

Oh, my cordless optical mouse has a center scroll button too... the left side of that has the silver color all gone. Dunno if that is from scrolling or clicking. Prolly both since I hit both in the same spot. hehe
Andrew

mine's about 4 years old and I see the letters perfectly clear. Although if you look at them just right, the space bar and many other keys are all nice and polished :p
did you know they make many things to break down on purpose? cars for example... they could make really good cars that almost never break down but they don't because they want more $$$$
same with many electronics and stuff.
we should all overthrow the evil people in charge!!!
smile_n_32.gif

Back