What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is what happens....

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
When you have a healthy strong plant and go to cut it back.....

After I cut it back for the give-a-way it still had 5 growth points.

After aclimating to getting cut and start growing again.
It has 11 NEW growth points started!!

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

Can't stop a healthy plants.......

Awesome, always nice to see a bunch of new growth points coming in.

If you search around you might be able to find my old N.ventrata that turned into a regular shrub after cutting it back like that. Just be sure to prune some of them off (great way to strike some new cuttings) otherwise it can just completely stall like mine ended up doing.

Reminds me of 10th grade Biology. We had to slice a planarian into 3 sections and this create 3 new critters. I ended up with 3 dead sections!

LOL I don't think this guy is stopping any time soon. This plant did the same thing last time I cut it back. The root system in the post is HUGE. I have not messed swith it other than to cut it back for several years. I did the mix right in this one cause it is NOT stopping. atleast not yet. And this is a ventrata so if I loose it I am sure I can easily replace. I am a lil more daring with this plant. LOL Had it coming out my ears once. Litterally. 70+ cuttings AND 3 huge plants potted up with roots at one point in time. Till mother promptly killed the one I gave her and cannot remember the fate of the other. LOL

Back