What's new

2021 NASC Benefit Auction!

Review the rules in the 2021 NASC Benefit Auction forum. Listing and bidding for the NASC auction begins in
2021 NASC auction is LIVE! List items and bid now, thanks for your support!

They are eatting one another

So, I get home from work yesterday, and as usual, I check on my fly traps, BUT...one is closed on another trap! Is this normal practice for them? I yelled and shook a finger, but it didn't help. Has anyone seen this before? Is it like sisters fighting?

Hehe, no, that's not normal, but it happens. Just a little accident. Scold them some more and hopefully they won't do it again.
smile.gif

Hi, I have 12 vft`s on my kitchen windowsill with traps growing in every direction you can think of! Their actually beginning to freak out my wife. This also happens to me sometimes, just carefully remove one trap from the other and they should be fine.

(larry is going to make fun of me here) but anyhow, I use toothpicks sticking up from the soil to make them behave and away from each other. I also rotate the pot so that they grow in a nice rosette fashion instead of having them all grow towards the light source.
wink.gif