What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finaly is like a happy ending movie, the plants ocasionaly catch a bug, the colors get intense each time, and they grow, but...... got a question i have a 20wats hg bulb and a 15 wats natural daylight , they are tubes T12 20wats and T8 15wats, plants closer to 20wats look better, shoul i change the 15 for a 20wats?, should i change the 15wats bulb for a warm white or a cold white?, wich plants do best on water trays full of water?, i have urtricularia longifolia, drosera spatulata, natalensis and capensis i tink, pinguicula moranensis and dionaea muscipula, my drosera intermedia die, dont know why?, that time i buy lants all die, i tink they dont get the change, o well, is a 10gal terrarium, wait for any help on making my plants fell better not just svirve, kind regards to all old scholl i know from here!!,
smile_m_32.gif
, and hi to all newcomers that read my post.
smile.gif
, Good night

Um.. is anyone overthere!!!, Oh surrently y remember BUMP, lol

Yeah swap out the T8 for a T12. Warm white is fine, Capensis will do fine in water trays and VFT's will not. I dont know about the others but if all your plants are in a terrarium you may need to put a fan in or leave it open to allow air flow. Hope that helps.

All right, thanks CopcarFC, i will get a tray for the 2 capensis, abouth air circulation, i leave the terrarium 3 or 2cm open and im getting a computer fan, but last one i put stop working, lol maybe to much water i will put one over the terrarium, i hope at that way theres just a litle air moving and the fan still working, great i will get another T12, See ya.

I dont think you need to cover your terrarium at all, most of your plants dont really need high humidity. So instead of hooking up a fan you might be able to get away with opening it up.

Thanks, ok, i will get some plastic for the glass to let a opening on the superficie for circulation.
smile_m_32.gif
thanks you very much.

Back