What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

there is green things in my soil

• Thread starter Schoenburg
  • Start date
I don't think its mold. I do how ever think that its algea or something else. It should not hurt your plant.

It depends. If you bought iut from this website, then it is probably moss.

Kevin

If it sort of covers the soil in an even coating and looks shiny then its probably algae (unsightly but common). If it looks like miniature plants, it's probably sphag. moss sprouting (a good thing).

biggrin.gif
its moss

Do not worry Green moss is perfectly fine on your plant, infact there are certain bugs that eat green moss! So if oyu see any tiny bugs crawling on the plants soil there prolly the little bugs that feast on the stuff so dont kill them. HOWEVER! if you do notice some white moss starting to come up immediatly grab a cue-tip and whipe it white moss will kill the plant.

Speaking of strange green things, has anyone had bladderworts sprout in their recently bought cps? Two plants i just purchased have what I think is U. Longifolia...
smile.gif

Back