What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thecpguy

hi, im new here i want to start a collection of cp's and i hope i can be at home here, if anyone has seeds or anything they can sell me please let me know( i would also appreciate tips on how to plant cp's), thanks.

Thank you Spec.

Thecpguy, it generally considered bad form to ask for fee stuff. If you read through the posts, you'll find threads where people offer stuff free (usually if you pay the postage). If all those threads are used up, just be patient. There's free offeres on here all the time.

Good luck!

I got some capensis alba buddy,, you can have it.

--------
Edit: There ARE trade rules here.  No need for the comment.

And by the way...there is no such plant as D. capensis alba.  The correct name of the plant is D. capensis 'Albino'.  Its a registered cultivar.  It would be good to correct your label if you are trading or giving away that plant/seeds so that they don't get passed along misidentified.  Thanks. -PAK

Didn't mean to sound harsh! Sorry....
smile_h_32.gif

NEXT time, though....BWWAAAA HAAA HAAA HAAAAA

I didn't think it was harsh at all, a well thought out response I thought.

Schloaty...I didn't think you were harsh at all. You just stated the facts.
smile.gif

CPgUy...I do you hope you find a good home here. If you want growing information, you can surf the forums or use the search feature to find just about anything you need to know. And its always a good idea to research the plants (here and internet) BEFORE acquiring them so you know if you can provide the right conditions. Many of the plants are easy but some are a little more challenging.

Maybe look around...asking questions if you want to...and then maybe you can get an idea of what you might like to start with either from Exotic Gardens or from a plant/seed offer. It won't be too long before you'll have some nice plants.
smile.gif

Your post wasnt bad schloaty...

CPguy, don't feel bad on making a mistake on your first post... The best of us do it!
smile_n_32.gif
(Take a look at my first few posts, what a mess!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
)

Oops! Don't forget that advertising selling plants isn't allowed either, although you can sell plants via PM.
smile.gif

Best of luck! Getting started is the hardest part

-Spec

Dave, I thought you tore his head off and
smile_m_32.gif
down his throat. Just kidding
laugh.gif

Cpguy, EVERYONE on here either makes that mistake or posts links to competitor sites. It happens.

Joe

Cpguy watsup? this place is awesome! sometimes im on for hours and hours, trust me people here will fill up your collection, and soon you'll be overtaken by plants, something really good to do is look for people in youre area that grow too, and go meet them and see how they grow theirs, not to mention see some really cool plants
smile.gif

oh my goodness... you live in NY?
There's tons of cpers there Jimscott, Tony paroubek, and NepG Are a few that you might want to contact

Back