What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The (un)official heavy metal appreciation thread!

Who out there likes heavy metal? What are your favorite metal bands? Talk about heavy metal here.

Metal bands i like:
Anthrax
Black Sabbath
Disturbed
KoRn
Metallica
Pantera
Unloco
Rob Zombie

Looking foreward to your replies!

I like it, good driving music.

I listen to all the ones you listed except pantera, BS and anthrax....

I listen to slayer.

but if my sig didn't give it away I'm more of a weezer geek

Rhapsody
Iced Earth
Manowar
Luca Turill
NightWish
kamelot
Edguy

I wouldn't consider most of those bands that you listed as heavy metal. I thought korn was rock...not heavy metal
confused.gif

Heee Heee... and the "first metal", bands like Rainbow and some early Queen
MANOWAR of course, they are a hoot in concert
MOTORHEAD- heavy enough to be metal, but still just really hard rock
and DIO, good ol RJD
And Judas Priest
And Gamma Ray- a fine current band to be sure, can't think of a single bad album they put out...

KORN?? Meh- I would just call's em "NU" metal and leave it at that

And now it's time for Josh to come in and mention "Running Wild" (which I still haven't run across
smile_m_32.gif
)

i wouldnt really call most of Metallicas stuff metal but i have their "black album" in the cars cd player at the moment

Guns N' Roses
Metallica
Skid Row
Black Sabbath
blah blah blah, stuff from the 80's mostly

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ June 21 2005,10:15)]i wouldnt really call most of Metallicas stuff metal but i have their "black album" in the cars cd player at the moment
Metallica's ealier stuff is nothing but metal in it's purist form. After the Black album, they started going more towards mainstream rock.

My all time favorite is of course Ozzy Osbourne.
I also like:
Megadeth
Balck Sabbath
Anthrax
Testement
Savatage
I can go on and on but I still listen to most of the 80's metal.

Well, they're all metal. Whenever i say "Heavy Metal" I just mean any kind of metal band.

Black Sabbath is one of my favs, it's a shame they kicked Ozzy out. His vocals mixed in pretty well with the instrumentals they had.

Unloco is great for instumentals, their vocals at some points have some improving to do. Most of the time, thought, their vocals are alright.

see i like Metallicas stuff from about the "black album" through their Garage Inc. cover album. the older stuff is alright but i dont really care for most of the stuff after Garage Inc.

i do have several of Ozzy's albums and one or two of Black Sabath's. ive got some of Guns and Roses albums.

There's too many great bands to list. I like a wide array of metal but none of the "nu-metal" stuff like they play on the radio.
I grew up on bands like: Accept, Running Wild, Kiss, Iron Maiden, Venom, Manowar, Bathory, Motorhead, Judas Priest, Warlord, Wild Dogs, Wasp, Possessed, early Metallica (before "the black album"), Grave Digger, Virgin Steele, Alice Cooper, Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, Witchfynde, Diamond Head, etc.

I've loved hard rock/heavy metal all my life, even going so far as  to publish a few different heavy metal magazines in my day. Maggot Colony (1991-1995), Moon Magazine (1995-1997) and Battle Helm Magazine (printed 1997-2001 online since then).

We still get CD's for reviewand interview bands online but I have been finding it very hard to enjoy newer bands that are being released in the last couple years. Just seems like they don't have that spark. I'll admit, new albums by my old faves don't have that spark either. Battle Helm has agreed to do a contest for the upcoming Tony Iommi album (we're doing a giveaway with some prises) I only hope it's good! I hate to agree to help promote an album and find out it's a real stinker!
smile_n_32.gif

Old Metallica (anything after their album LOAD is crap) and Rob Zombie. If I had dread locks I would be swinging my head around, but to bad my family has a history of going bald.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Travis @ June 21 2005,12:29)]Old Metallica (anything after their album LOAD is crap)
i dont know about that "Unforgiven 2" is pretty good
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ June 21 2005,2:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Travis @ June 21 2005,12:29)]Old Metallica (anything after their album LOAD is crap)
i dont know about that "Unforgiven 2" is pretty good  
smile_n_32.gif
Are you serious? The last album I bought was garbage and it was garbage.

I love garbage, the band
biggrin.gif

Some of my favorites are:

Queensryche
Rammstein
Symphony X
Judas Priest
Dio
Iron Maiden

I really liked Queensryches album Opreation:Mindcrime. One of the best albums ever.

GWAR
Now thats a concert.

I like mid 90's and on for darker metal and industrial. Type O Negative, Skinny Puppy, Acid Bath, Nine Inch Nails, Ministry, Gwar, Pantera, Sepultura, Nail Bomb, and a bunch more.

GWAR!

Joe

Sweet! Someone else likes Pantera!
****ING HOSTILE!

I checked out Sepultura, but it seemed like the lead singer just screamed the whole time. Pantera kinda does it too, but they do it in a better way.

Sepultura, Soul Fly, and Nail Bomb are all the same singer.

Joe

They are? I've never heard of the other two, so i wouldn't know.

Back