What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unrea

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
I just logged for the first time since yesterday and all seems to be as it was before. I have all new posts and no message about not being updated - just the way I like it.

Guess I am the only person who uses the "Quick Links" --> "Mark Forums Read" option before logging off each time I visit... I never would have known Andy was dinking around with the settings if people had not brought it up

Yeah, I never use the "Today's Posts" quick link and just rely on the visual cues on the main page. I use the "Mark Forums Read" when too many unread forums/threads show up in the areas I almost never read. I had not noticed anything different since the upgrade except one day threads I marked read showed up as new/unread with no new messages.

Each to their own.

Jim- I've not changed anything since yesterday, but if you marked everything as read, that stuff below the line will go away :D

Pyro- yep, using it like that you won't really notice a difference :p

NaN- the first day the change was made, everything is marked new since it's a new marking method... After that it goes by the new protocol.

I wanted to bring up another thing, if you read a forum (say venus flytrap) or at least the topics that interest you, then go back to the index page, you can simply double click the checkmark that indicates new topics still exist there and it will mark that whole forum read.

Andrew

It's back again. I could always go into each of the individual forums that interest me and check them one by one.

Just my opinion, but I'm not liking this feature.

I was just looking at a topic when I was PM'd. I read the PM and went back to New Posts. That topic disappeard. I had to go to the main page and the forum category to find the post again. Most changes are good ones. This change makes it more cumbersome.

Back