What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "tamlin effect" hits san jose

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
YIPPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!  Thanks to the "Tamlin Effect" and  the generosity of Slizarus, I am now the proud owner of a young Sarracenia Judith Hindle  
smile.gif

rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

wow.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

The tallest pitchers are between 5 and 6 inches tall, and he says it should be repotted (I will give it a few weeks to acclimate itself to my growing conditions before I fiddle with anything)  Here are a couple pictures
smile.gif

Enjoy
Steve

judithhindleday101.JPG
judithhindleday1010.JPG

Hey, that's cool! My Judith Hindle is my favorite sarra. Make sure it gets tons of light to achieve the great crimson colors that these make!

Capslock

Thanks Capslock... the plan is to grow it outside with my VFT's but it looks like I'm going to have to wait a couple days as we are expecting a it to get fairly warm hereand as you can see from the pics it already has several burned hoods
sad.gif
Does anyone know how long it will take to replace the damaged pitchers? Will I have to wait till next season to see those beautiful red pitchers?
Thanks
Steve

If it is a healthy plant, it should soon produce replacement pitchers. Congratulations on your new plant (one of my own favorites), and thanks for the touching remark re: the Tamlin Effect. When the time comes, remember Silizarus and thank him by passing it on. Good growing, and good going!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tamlin Dawnstar @ July 09 2003,8:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If it is a healthy plant, it should soon produce replacement pitchers.  Congratulations on your new plant (one of my own favorites), and thanks for the touching remark re: the Tamlin Effect.  When the time comes, remember Silizarus and thank him by passing it on.  Good growing, and good going![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
YW Tamlin
smile.gif
I have to say that I am just overwhelmed by the generosity of all the members of this forum. In the week I've been a member my plant collection has (or "will" when the new ones get here) trippled. As soon as I get set up for it I intend to begin propogating my plants to continue spreading these wonderful lil pots of joy. Like so many of you, I believe more in the power of a
smile.gif
than the $ and I feel its my duty to continue the cycle... so watch out next season you will prolly see a bunch of green dragons and Capesnsis up on the trade forum
smile.gif

Steve

Tamlin, looks like that small snowball that you got rolling is getting bigger and bigger.
biggrin.gif

VFT Guy,
until this post, I always thought you were "VFT Guy in South Jersey"!
wow.gif

tounge.gif

That "Tamlin Effect" is pretty cool!

Scot

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scottychaos @ July 10 2003,6:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">VFT Guy,
until this post, I always thought you were "VFT Guy in South Jersey"!
wow.gif

tounge.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
LOL nope... I am in San Jose California.. About 40 miles south of San Francisco. If I were any farther away from Jersey I'd be swimming in the Pacific.. lol
tounge.gif

Steve

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vft guy in SJ @ July 10 2003,09:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
scottychaos said:
http://www.petflytrap.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]]VFT Guy,
until this post, I always thought you were "VFT Guy in South Jersey"! <!--emo&
wow.gif

tounge.gif
<span id='postcolor'>
LOL  nope... I am in San Jose California..  About 40 miles south of San Francisco.  If I were any farther away from Jersey I'd be swimming in the Pacific.. lol
tounge.gif

Steve[/quote]
I live an hour from san jose! There are so many cpers in san jose you could start a cp society JUST for that county!
wow.gif
We should have a meeting of some sort,where everyone from pft close enough goes, and we exchange plants, etc, and have fun!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ July 10 2003,7:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I live an hour from san jose! There are so many cpers in san jose you could start a cp society JUST for that county!
wow.gif
We should have a meeting of some sort,where everyone from pft close enough goes, and we exchange plants, etc, and have fun!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Sounds good to me
smile.gif

Steve

Count me in on that. I'm in San Francisco.

Capslock

i know there are about 6 other people on pft in or near san jose! Lets start a society! I'll be the president of course
wink.gif
wink.gif

Back