What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Shrimp are running..

• Thread starter JRFxtreme
  • Start date
They aren't the only allergy I have lmao. Also allergic to cats, dogs, pollen, blood worms (yes!) and mold (which means I am SCREWED no matter what season it is!) They make my mouth and lips pretty itchy (and so does lobster even more so, but oddly enough crayfish and crab do not!) but it's not a big deal, just an annoyance, so I take Benadryl first, pig out, then go to sleep lol.

Blood worms on the other hand almost killed me when I inhaled a little dust when I was crushing them for my plants. Since then I keep an EpiPen in the house.

I guess that would be the reason as to why you shot down my idea to use blood worms instead of fertalizer.... haha!

Me thinks that Ozzy like toasted shrimp........ :-))

I never tried toasted shrimp, sounds good though. Tell JR to turn on the toaster and we'll see how good they are.

Tastes like burning.. :-P-:

You counted them?!?

Do they carry eggs? When I lived in Maine in the 80s, we used to buy shrimp this time of year (maybe a little later) for ~$1.50/lb, but they'd be carrying blue-ish eggs with their legs. Then we started worrying about the possible effect on shrimp reproduction and quit buying them.
You've got to count your catch, how else are you going to beat your high score? :D

I've never seen eggs on of the any shrimp before. I've seen them on blue crabs though and we always let the ones with eggs go.

I think this time of year is when they mate and then after the winter months they disappear somewhere to lay their eggs. I don't think recreational fishing has much of an impact on the population, maybe not even commercial fishing. I've always thought of them as the cockroach of the sea.. the very delicious and meaty cockroach of the sea.

I love shrimp, and your making me want to live in Fla, but alas I will be moving far away from the sea. I will jsut haev to visit and catch and cook them then. LOL I love tossing a kast net! Got pretty good at it for a little while when I used to use one for blueback herring we used for bait. LOL

Nice catch.

already killed shrimp is good also crunchy shrimp balls in my culture me is asian

Well, when your throat swells up you better STOP eating them, eh phission? I love shrimp but it's too hard to eat them lol. And no I'm not eating the shell.

Back