What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The real da vinci code

I've always been skeptical about the da vinci code... the fact that it's a conspiracy theory itself makes me quite skeptical.
If you've read the da vinci code, or if you're a confused christian (lol), you might want to watch it.
It's in the discovery channel at
Aug 13 2005
@ 11:00 PM and
Aug 14 2005
@ 05:00 PM
like I said, it's very interesting. For example... it says that the priory of sion never even existed, and that there is even a confession and a book saying it's fake by the people who made it up. The first couple of minutes is kind of boring so just wait until it really gets into the book.

I don't know much about the Divinci Code or any of that new age stuff but Divinci himself (the historical one) was a pretty amazing guy.

His contributions to anatomy studies were awesome for their day, and quite heretical! The church did not saction his anatomical work but agreed to 'look the other way' in turn for favors. Granted much of his diagrams were flawed compared to what we know today but he did a great deal towards teaching artists how to draw and sculpt the human form... after his death and discovery of his hidden works of course!

I recently saw a documentary on how Divinci created the Shroud of Turin for the Vatican. If anyone was able to invent the process that created it back in then it definately would've been him.

Well, I missed it.  I cought the very tail end of the show, but personaly I wouldnt put much faith in the show.  Never know who made the show or who financed it.  This is just my opinion about it.  I know I haven't read the sources to TDC yet, but I have to take a side here and I take that one.  Hell I watched a show on the discovery channel about the planets of our solar system the other day and it said without a doubt what the different layers of all the planets were all the way out to neptune.  I want to know how they know Jupiter has a core of liquid hydrogen if they haven't even sent a probe down to look?  I know thats a tangent, but something about the last little bit of the show didn't set right with me.  Hell I could be wrong, but thats my opinion.  I wonder if there is going to be a show about his book angels and demons trying to defunk the Illuminati?

If it was on TV, it must be true! If it was in print, it must be irrefutable. Some folks will believe anything.

The da vinci code is an interesting story, but I don't know if I believe it or not.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Some folks will believe anything.

That's true, I know some people that believed a D.capensis ate neighborhood pets.
LOL

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I recently saw a documentary on how Divinci created the Shroud of Turin for the Vatican.
me too! national geographic channel? lol
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Well, I missed it. I cought the very tail end of the show, but personaly I wouldnt put much faith in the show.
it's on again today.
I didn't really agree with some of how they got their conclusions, but the part I found most interesting was the one on the priory of sion...
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Never know who made the show or who financed it
true, maybe it was some radical christian group dedicated to hide the truth :p
or maybe it was the priory of sion... I mean, what's the point of a secret society if it's not a secret?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hell I watched a show on the discovery channel
the discovery channel IS getting bad... It's not all that scientific anymore.

Back