What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The oreo bowl

Well I can't wait until the Flava 500. What are the rules, first flava to get 500 flies wins?
Maybe we need to get the pitcher plants species to team up against each other. The major league minors. A team made up of Okie giants.

I don't know nothing 'bout football but if you have a thoroughbred race between a few purebred, blue-blooded Sarracenia, I could put an entry in that. Has to be a mile and a quarter on the flat...dirt course. No turf racing for me. I have a few fillies chomping at the bit.

You can enter yours in the Richmond race. It's only just over a week away.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Well I can't wait until the Flava 500. What are the rules, first flava to get 500 flies wins?
First flava pitcher or whole plant?
I'll be the first to enter. My flava already has a good head start
smile.gif
one of the flava pitchers has been open only about a week and it's already half full with flies
smile.gif

Well, I'm back from Ohio and ready for the Flava Five Hundred races!!! Ladies and genetleman, get your engines ready!! Bug, we need you to drop the flag and start the race (I guess in another topic!).

Forget that! This is a pitcher plant forum is it not? Where best to hold the Flava Five Hundred?? Flag will be dropped tomorrow. Those who wish to enter, sign in please with the flava of your choice. Location specimens a plus. I have to enter, S. flava var. rugellii from Covington County, Alabama! A real Big Boy, with an apettite to match. This bad boy will kick your buns up around your ears, and then chew nails, and spit out carpet tacks! Step up, kiddies, if ya got the stuff!!

If my flava ate a slug is it disqualified from the game?

If its food, CP style, it's legal.

I'm in!! First on the track is a clump o' boys in the bog--flava heavy veins. Don't know where they're from, but I know where they're heading fast--for every fly buzzin' around the track! This clump has 10 flower spikes and is sending pitchers to burn!

Oh PUHLEEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!! Where be the pitchers? Can't play without pitchers!!!!

I'll enter my veined Flava. I don't have any flower spikes to slow me down, just lots of hungry pitchers to gobble up the flies. Sorry guys but after this plant goes through there will be no flies left for anyone else. No fly gets past this one!!!
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ May 06 2005,10:14)]Oh PUHLEEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!! Where be the pitchers? Can't play without pitchers!!!!
Ok, to be fair, once this game starts, I'll only comment. I think most players will have to be from the Southeast, West or have a greenhouse if you're from the Northeast as I am. Oh what a curse to live in zone 6 without a greenhouse!

Hmm the only flavas I can enter are S. flava var. cuprea and S. flava var. ornata because all my others were shreaded by hail a feww weeks ago and have not put out new growth yet.

I want to enter my S.flava that is from my brothers property. It's got no exotic location background, but this a mean tough plant from the backwoods of NC. His pit crew is made up of S.minors and S.purpureas from the same property. You'll know when he comes out on the track from the screaming droseras, flytraps, and pings from his fanclub.

I WAS being nice! Since everybody seems to be revving up for the contest, I'll let the S. flava var. rubricorpora team in on this. All 36 of them! Flies are just meat to these kids, and even the yellow jackets are trembling in FEAR! Nothing is sacred to these Homeboys when food is on the table!! They are mean! They are bad! They are from Liberty County, Florida and have an attitude as big as all outdoors! All insects prepare to meet your doom! The reds is commin'!

(Contest will start AFTER the auction.) Give late comers a chance, too.

Good! By then my flava will have a few more open pitchers on it. maybe my small heavy veined Flava that I just got from Dean Cook will have some new pitchers by then too and it can join my pit crew.
By the way, the flower on the S. minor "Wayne Co., Ga." that I got from you has opened up
smile_n_32.gif
There are several new pitchers coming up on it too
smile_n_32.gif

Well if we were to start a S. minor contest...I only have about 50 pitchers now I expect at least two more pitchers per plant so I will have around 130 later.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ May 08 2005,9:10)]Well if we were to start a S. minor contest...I only have about 50 pitchers now I expect at least two more pitchers per plant so I will have around 130 later.
S. Minor? I think that would be the dead ant contest. Sing to the Pink Panther tune: dead ant, dead ant...dead ant, dead ant dead ant, dead, dead, dead dead ANT.

Dentists mirror. Worked for me.

Back