What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The one plant terrarium™

Hello,
      well, after about 2 months, I have seen a VERY LARGE differance in the growth of one of my flytraps in the one plant terrarium™. This flytrap was dwindling, but now it is very...how should I say this?...large, green, and "plump" looking (by plump I mean longer, wider, and thicker petioles and traps) it has gone from 0 to 50 mph! (very fast growing
wink.gif
) and I've only watered it twice!
wow.gif
I think I'm going to put a baby capensis in there and see how it growns!  
smile.gif

biggrin.gif
Has anyone else done this after I posted, "the one plant terrarium"™?

I am a new CP-er. I have 2 in hand and 3 on the way. where can i read about your 'one plant terrarium?'
confused.gif
confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi. I took an empty peanut butter jar, and turned it into a terrarium!!!!only the lid is a parmoson cheese cap.(not the powdered, the shredded parmasan kind.the lids are very diff.!lol) and I put a flytrap that wasn't doing so good in for an experiment. and kept it at room temp for a week. and guess what? the flytrap is doing great!!! it looks alot better. too bad I didn't take a before picture. I will try to take an after picture and post it. (if I can use my dads digital camera and hes willing to take 5 hours to post it! its so complicated! I don't know how to do it the easy way! how do you guys post pics in like two minutes?! thanks.
Spectabilis73

P.S. Do you think it is worth keeping the plant in the "mini terrarium", or is it just a waste of time???

hey, maybe petflytrap will come out with "the one plant terrarium"! that would be cool.

[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

It may be its doing better due to more co2 . Because in a set up with lots of plants the co2 would fall unless you pump it in.Plants take in CO2 and put out air .

Thats the only thing I can think of why its going better by its self but I dont have to worry about that I made a co2 maker that keeps my plants nice and happy.
biggrin.gif

_-West-_

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ Dec. 04 2002,4:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">here you can read about the whole thing:

The one plant terrarium![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
yo man how do u re word the URL to say something

i have been forever tryign to figure that out

there are two ways to post links:

1. just type it in (if you do it this way you can't make it say something like "my cps" )
2. click on the blue "http://, type in the url, then on script prompt, backspace "my webpage" and type in what you want it to say

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (west871 @ Dec. 05 2002,05:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It may be its doing better due to more co2 . Because in a set up with lots of plants the co2 would fall unless you pump it in.Plants take in CO2 and put out air .

Thats the only thing I can think of why its going better by its self but I dont have to worry about that I made a co2 maker that keeps my plants nice and happy.
biggrin.gif

_-West-_[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
*giggle, you mean O2, air is a bit more complex last I checked
wink.gif

I don't know what your origenal growing conditions where, but I've always found VFT grow best in terrariums with little watering, they also like small pots so a picky individual may want a small terrarium like the one you described. The only caution I would sugest is watch out for the leaves toughing the sides of the terrarium because sometimes water vapor condences their, the plant gets to soggy on that part and the leaf goes bad. Anyways it's great your plant has recoverd so well
biggrin.gif

Back