What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

part two of the series. heres where the pics get a little (ALOT) blurrier. oh, and if you saw number 1, im continueing where we left off, still in that big terraium thingy.

really BIG amps! i mean they where absolutly HUGE! i could fit my fist inside.
cp9.jpg

really blurry pic of P. morianis (spelling). if you check out my first topic, in the first pic with the D. capensis, you can see an unblurry peek of these pings.
cp10.jpg

S. minor in the tank. this one has a red lip like its wearing lipstick.
cp11.jpg

a really unsightly shot from the back of the tank. here, there is little light underneath the towering neps, but its perfect for D. adelae.
cp12.jpg

Now we move on to an open area in the 'speacialty' section. this is not in the large terraium anymore.

in hanging baskets, these pitchers are also huge. i frogot the species, but i believe many of you can figure this one out.
cp13.jpg

beside the monsterous plants see in the abouve pic, there hangs some large N. alata
cp14.jpg

Now we move on out of the 'speacialty' room and into the open. this is the rock garden where there are a few cool looking mini gardens in rock pots filled with dwarf plants in such. but out in the open part of the garden, we find some sarrs. oh, and they weren't growing on rocks.

S. x wrigleyana bathing in the sunlight.
cp15.jpg

some large leucos. these are the 'tarnok' (spelling?) version.
cp16.jpg

Oh, and one last thing. this pic i got from inside the greenhouse building. i got all exited when i saw it as i thought it was a cp, but after looking at it, i found out it was an imposter, lol. in the pic, you can see an developing flower at the bottom, and it looked just like an developing pitcher! maybe i was in the heat too long...
fakecp.jpg

and there comes to the end of my trip. well, not exactly, i spent the rest of about 6 hours roaming the garden, but the camera ran out of batteries. i have a few more pics, but its not worth posting. anywho, i hope youve enjoyed them, as im up at 1:37am in my time posting these
biggrin.gif
, lol. Zongyi

NIce Pics!
I remember i was some botanical gardens in North Carolina, by Kittyhawk, and they had a bunch of Cp's! I really only remember caring about the VFT's at the time. I kept putting my fingers in the traps
smile_n_32.gif

Keep in my mind I was 5 at the time and i was dumb... Then at age 11 I Came upon this great site
smilie4.gif

Very nice pictures! Thanks for sharing. It has been a while since you have posted Zongyi_Yang.

Thank you Zongyi. I enjoyed that too. Sounds like a fantastic trip. The cactus shots were neat too. There are just SO many interesting plants in this world.

Good job!

WOW! amazing. i saw part one and i thought it was SO cool how they mix temperates with tropicals in such a natural way that the average person would think that they just grow together like that.

Awesome pics, Zongyi. I was surprised on the size of the N. Ampullaria pitchers when I saw them.

I haven't been there for a while since Feburary.

The neps above the N. Alata ( they don't look like Alata maybe some sort of hybrid; striped permistome) is N. Fusca.

Back