What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mystery Gublers Nepenthes Hybrids

Hello folks , I got these plants a while ago and it seems that they have produced decent size pitchers for identification . There quite nice plants too and were in good shape when I got them . Heres the first one I got :
MGNH_big_pitcher.sized.jpg
looks like an N. x coccinea or a maxima hybrid to me , if you have already noticed , the pitcher is laying on live sphagnum in my pot of Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor , i thought that the sphagnum would support the pitcher and give off humidity to increase pitcher production and pitcher size and the methos looks like it works to me , 3 inch pitchers . Here is another plant :
MGNH_maxima_hybrid_pitcher.sized.jpg
looks like an N. maxima hybrid , this is an old pic , the pitcher now is much darker red in color and has more of those maxima spots . Hope you can help me id these plants .

They look the same to me. The top pitcher looks like it is recently opened and not fully developed is color. I would say your correct about N. maxima hybrid. One of Gublers plants is an unknown N. maxima hybrid.

Tony

Back