What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The miraculous revival of a troubled Adelae Giant

I've had this little guy for about 6 months. It always has been a little unhappy. Wasn't in the best shape when I got it. At first I put it my terrarium with other similar dews. It slowly recovered but soon took up too much space. I decided to acclimate it to a sunny windowsill with an added daylight bulb lamp. It did okay for a while. Then suddenly it declined. I thought it was dying, but a check of the roots showed it was still okay. I didn't give up on it. A few days ago I noticed some new green growth peeking from under the "husk" it had left behind. I touched the husk and It slid right off. I then saw that not only had it begun to grow but that it had developed a few new crowns. So I will have a tri-clustered lance-leaf sundew. :D

Here's the husk:
IMAG0708_zps20c79e2d.jpg

Which was all I saw on the soil until I pulled it off to reveal this:
IMAG0709_zpsfacc5a9b.jpg

It doesn't look lance leaded yet but I couldn't be more pleased to see it recovering at last. I guess it just went dormant for a while in desperation.

Last edited:
A very good example. I sometimes wonder how many 'dead' plants I've tossed into the compost bin or spread around my yard with their soil, that were actually alive. I'm sure quite a few...

I have a trinervia right now that's in a similar spot- no sign of above-ground life but I see healthy roots below. It is likely just dormant for the summer. I hope. I really don't know what to do with it.

Mine did the same thing, but I haven't thrown out the pot. It just has a new residence.

This little sundew has already caught about 4 small mosquitoes! Hungry! O.O

Here's what it looks like now. Has grown a lot.
IMAG0745_zps025e9743.jpg

IMAG0746_zps9cdec3b4.jpg

Back