What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The future is wild

I'm watching the future is wild on animal planet... they just showed some future cps! seemed kinda fake though... they also showed a drosera spatulata, and they called it a venus flytrap! They showed a sarracenia falva, and had the correct name, the pitcher plant.

alien.gif

I am still watching it too. Now they are showing giant sqwids on land. That one CP they had was really weird. I would love to grow it. it would thrive in the las vegas heat and dryness.

That one on the branch that grabbed the birds or whatever is neat too.

ahhh , i missed the show today , well i guess i'll have to watch it some other time , when will they have it again , the only part i saw today was the one about the flish and the garden worms .

It's amazing what the future has in store for cp but catching larger victims. What I was not fond of was calling a D. Spathulata a VFT.
mad.gif
What were those guys thinking, those idiots.

goldtrap,
If u live on the east coast than it will show again, this Sunday at 6
wow.gif
0 pm. If not check out at www.animalplanet.com.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ July 22 2003,10:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">they also showed a drosera spatulata, and they called it a venus flytrap![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I noticed that too... I don't know if anyone else feels this way, or if I'm just hot-tempered, but that really burns me up!!! ***sees the footage of D. spatulata*** "This is the Venus flytrap" ***narrows eyes and gets mad***

if they actually showed a pic of an actual d. spat and called it a flytrap then that is the worse bs i ever heard . i'd asked yuh to tell me what happened in the cp part , but that would kinda spoil it all .

Yup, they called a d. spathulata a Venus Flytrap... Idiots... someone probably just went digging through CP archive footage and pulled that up, thought it looked cool, and gee, it certainly did move like the script said... idiots... I have already fired off an e-mail to discovery (owns animal planet).

Oh, and I hope all of you take this show with a grain of salt, it's just a bunch of evolutionary biologists letting their dreams run rampant.

One thing I was suprised they didn't play around with, is the thought of a transgenic animal or plant... (You know gene spliced corn, or fish, or cows, or you name it.)

I thought it was a fun show hopping snails. those sharks were bad@$$. The slime mold was disgusting. I saw it when it came out in december I think I doubt any of those will be real except for the slime. but it a fun show. But still they're idiots for calling a sundew a vft

I thought the show was awesome, including the part about the Cp. The only thing I didn't like was that they ran the same footage over and over, but spliced or reversed. If you look closely you see this happening alot, especially in part about the Baboocari's. (Is that what they're called?)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That one on the branch that grabbed the birds or whatever...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I have one of those in my terrarium.
wow.gif
It's really cool. Although you can't tell it's moving. You know you have one when you see little trails in the condensation on the glass.

Mike
smile.gif

no ram, i didn't take it seriously, its just fun to watch their imaginations go bezerk

i just saw the show and i was very mad about the cp part . i can't believe those idiots showed a d. spatulata as a venus flytrap , makes me want to shove peat up the persons *** . any person would know what a venus flytrap is , looks like and i can hardly believe that those people would pull out a pic and just splat it on the screen , its like pulling numbers out of a hat . i must say that if this cps actually occurs in the future then it would be very cool to grow here because it would have the perfect conditions in my front yard , and it would get rid of those solicitors that always come by trying to sell there cheap mumbo jumbo
tounge.gif
.although , they said that the death bottle is related to the venus flytrap it looks more nepenthes then a flytrap under ground . and a cp growing a memebrane after each meal , what an exausting thing to do everytime you eat , and i wonder how it would get rid of the carcass and how it would digest its prey , seeing a snail getting killed in the plant was cool . the leaf part of the plant looks cool as well but the flower looks very weird , its pollinater or egg layer would try to go in the stinky flowers and try to lays eggs but its getts covered in pollin and moves around without noticing that it is actually pollinating the plant and getting seeds , then the flower flings the bug out and the bug goes off . very weird , sounds like a combination of rafflesia , stylidium , and darlingtonia .what makes this plant so evolutionized is that it has now adpated to very dry and hot conditions , camouflaging itself and gorwing bigger then the cp's of today . i agree very much with rampup , don't believe it too much , we can learn about the past , looks at the prsent but we can never predict the future , for example , the weather guy on the news station is never correct ,the just take a wild guess , and i can't predict an earthquake , storm , or flood . rampup , i hope some one reads you email and takes it to heart .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (goldtrap2690 @ July 28 2003,01:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">makes me want to shove peat up the persons *** .[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
***blinks hard*** Well, that's very nice, Goldtrap. Are you all dressed and ready to go to rehab yet? Teeth brushed?
rolleyes.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FlytrapGurl @ July 29 2003,04:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
wow.gif
4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (goldtrap2690 @ July 28 2003,01
wow.gif
4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">makes me want to shove peat up the persons *** .[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
***blinks hard*** Well, that's very nice, Goldtrap. Are you all dressed and ready to go to rehab yet? Teeth brushed?
rolleyes.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
its an expression , lol .althogugh i would'nt do it for reals , it just expressed how mad i am about this .

I know that. I just made a huge joke out of the whole thing
tounge.gif

Back