What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The d. capensis 'narrow leaf' is coming back

This little baby was at the school and they sort of trashed it. I took it home and stuck it in a self watering container in front of an eastern window and it has nice re growth. It looks good to me!

8c7b7c3f.jpg

Nice! The great thing about capensis is that they'll survive almost anything. I have some under a heavy bag of moist peat, in my shed (flattened, basically). They've slowed growth, but looking as lively as ever each time I check them. Cockroach of the CP kingdom?

Amori

And here I thought I did something extraordinary!  The poor thing got run out of water and was looking beyond sickly which is why I took it home.  Is it safe to bring it back to the school?  I take it this would be an ok move given it is being referred to as the cockroach of the cp kingdom.  

Oh oh oh, I need to go and update my grow list.  This is too exciting!  Thank you very much Amori!

Say Amori, would you please go take a peek over in the Utricularia forum and see what you think of that sprout? Thanks much, Laura

You got dew! It's doing fine. Yeah, they DO seem indestructible. I tried to kill mine a year ago when I brought it form home (70 degrees) into the car (15 degrees) to work (70 degrees). It objected to the car. It shrivelled up and looked dead, but after a week of keeping it moist, covered, and stable, a new leaf appeared and then another and then....

I can wait to take it back to the school until the air temps warm up a tad.  No problem.  Ne sense making my little one shrivel unnecessarily!  It can hang out here for a while.

Back