What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the best free photo hosting?

I have been using web shots .com but they seem to not really allow posting on any other site that is why before i posted a picture it rarely came up. So anyway is there any place that you use that allows free hosting and as much photos as you like? please let me know
smile.gif
sad.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif
rock.gif
wow.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

i am using photobucket.com
it is a free site and so far i'm lovin it.
click here

butthead you kick ***. I have messin with this stupid crap too. Your link finally got the job done. Thanks

Joe

I also use hdpixel. Allows remote linking, which is what I believe your looking for.

does photo bucket allow as much photos as you like? it seems to from what i looked at on its site. Have you used it on here for photos anyone

I have'nt posted a photo per say but, it made my avatar finally show so I imagine it would for photos as well.

Joe

One of the first rules mentioned under Photo Bucket's registration is no Direct/ Hotlinking. Sorry, but that won't work for getting photos to show up here. It may work for a moment, but once they find out they'll probably discontinue your pic.
smile.gif
HDPixel is a good site, however.

Odysseus, I just rechecked Photobucket since that is where I have several of my pics at for posting here and you can direct link to them
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Best of all, direct linking is allowed.
 The only thing I don't like is that images larger than 250K are automatically resized and I find that I can resize them myself and have a larger picture to post rather than rely on their resizing.

smile.gif

BCK

Hmm...that is great news! I was reading it and subconsciously reading Direct Linking not allowed. I don't know why I added the "Not" Oh well. Good to know!
biggrin.gif
Thanks!

Hi Corey,

My site is just about all out of space, so it will be closing soon.
sad.gif
. There's something wrong with my hosting service, and it's making it appear as if I have used twice as much space as I really have. Guess I can't complain because it's free, but it's a little disappointing.

See ya,
Pat

[b said:
Quote[/b] (carnivorkid @ April 10 2004,4:55)]does photo bucket allow as much photos as you like? it seems to from what i looked at on its site. Have you used it on here for photos anyone
i'm not sure what the limit is, i think if you go to the site, though it will tell you. i never paid any attention to it. i've got quite a few photos on there, though.

and yes, i've used it to post all my pictures here.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]My site is just about all out of space, so it will be closing soon.

Awww man, that stinks! I hope you can find another server to host your site on, 'cause I LIKED your site! It was useful!

Ah well.

SF

Back