What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That dog should've been mine!

I love dogs. Animals in general, but I am a hopeless dog person. Ironically, I have a cat but she's more like a dog than a cat. She's a perfect cat for me.

Anyway, about a week ago I went into a pet store that only deals with rescued animals-not the usual puppy mill pet stores. I made eye contact with one dog-a 5 year oldish German Shepherd and possibly lab mix and fell hard for her.

I went back to visit a few days later and knew that I was helpless to resist. I went out of town for the remainder of the week and kept thinking about this dog. I knew that she'd get along just fine with my cat and my family's other dogs when we visited and I was prepping myself for the new roomie.

I got back into town and headed over on sunday pretty much to go ahead and get her. I walked in the door and she was there, but she was being prepped to go home with her new owner-the one that had adopted her the night before!

At least I got to say goodbye, but when I stop to think about it it saddens me. Granted I want to keep almost every dog that I meet, but this was the first to get this far-she was special. It looked like her new home would be a good one and I think she'll be very happy.

Oh well. I had to let it out somewhere so I dumped it all here. There is a CP connection though, oddly enough. I was so depressed that I went to a local greenhouse and bought a couple of CPs! There really is something to "retail therapy"! I remember having an awful day and buying a benchtop drill press and oh how that perked me up!

Well, a family wanted to adopt my dog remy (not the one in my avatar) and they would have gotten him if we didn't make it there on time! He is lazy though!

Thats sad... I would freak out if somebody was taking the dog I wanted.

I think I am always on the other side of those stories! I also adopted a stray cat named shiniqua (spelling? LOL!)but, because no one knew how to spell her name we named her kitty, and my friends family was also planning to adopt her and name her kitty, but the day they were going to adopt her, she walked over with a collar on. They had another cat and they always played together. She was my favorite cat! I miss her!

Aww that's sad :( I hope you feel better about it soon.

Back