What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrariums

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I'm thinking of using a 10 gallon tank for sundews. I think I've read somewhere on these post before about people running an airpump into the tank to help circulate air. What do most of you do for your tanks?

I have one in a ten gallon tank where I feed the airhose into standing water at the bottom of the tank. I keep my plants raised above the water.

ive got a venus fly trap with sundew seeds waiting to sprout in a ten gallon tank. Its sitting outside under some foilage. Ive got airpumps but i dunno about using it for that. I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea. The plants would be getting constant oxygen (errr CO2 or sumthing?) and constant nurtrients from the water. very much how drug dealers grow drugs. Id be afraid that the air would uproot my plants or stir the moss so much that the seeds would never germinate. I guess youd have to consider it all, but im just a novice and am still undecided. What do you guys think?

get a blubler bow from Petco thats what i use for my 20 G tank i grow heliamphora it keeps the tank cool try it. It works well ;)

Electric Carnivores, what exactly is a "blubler bow"?

Is this what you are looking for?
http://exoticgardens.zoovy.com/product/TROPICAIRE

We sell those on the store under growing supplies
smile.gif

greenhouse1,
I was mainly thinking of air circulation.
I placed a glass of water in my tank with an airstone attached to an airpump to get air and humidity in my tank. When I saw the Tropic Aire, I went and bought one so I could get a little more space in my tank for plants. It is working very well.

Back