What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium setup need ivy/small plants

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
Hi guys. I Just got the OK from my 7 Y/O to take down the fish tank and setup a tree frog tank. Of course daddy will have some of his plants in it too.

The tank I am setting up will be a 39 gallon eclipse tank. I will be putting a screen lid on it and changing around the light seup of course.

I was curious if anyone had some small terrarium plants that needed dividing. Ivy, bromiliads or tillandsia, or other terrarium plants. I have orchids for trade, but you will have to ask or I will make you a list once I know your taste. I have been repotting and many have been divided but not all were able to be.

Thanks for looking.

I have all the English ivy anyone could possibly need,also tree moss, ferns that grow on trees (I think there sword ferns)
If you have any interest pm me

I have a few vining Peperomia, miniature ferns, few emersed aquatics, and some Begonias.

I'm working on getting all the pages working on the website below, with luck I'll have them restored by the end of this week. Its not a complete listing by any means but its the best I have.

Silly medical issues getting in the way :)

Thanks guys I will look and get back with you. Had to work today. Still in the idea phase.

small plants

I can give you some hoya, ferns, Neoregelia fireball, wandering jews,
I need to trim them back for the winter so let me know
Thanks
Phil

Wow the generosity. I need to look the plants up because I don't want to over croud and not just toss anything in. I definitely want to take folks up on their offers. I am working with limited space and plan to put a couple of my smaller neps in the tank as well. I have a great small alata and red leopard that could go. I'm going for natural rainforesty look. Then placing local treefrogs in fir my girls. A water part for freshwater shrimp or lobster just to say there in there.

I can donate some cuttings of this ivy, all I need is a SASE..

IMG_6842.jpg

Ok Mass I will take you up on that. Very nice terrarium too. Love the neps.

Everyone else, I have not forgotten or lost interest. I forgot I had to study for ACLS for re-cert today. I also found out I will be acuirering a 55 long that I can also use for a terrarium. So I think I will get in touch with everyone and workout something for plants.

I will also need live lfs. Just enough to get started growing my own again.

Thankyou everyone for your generosity.

I just happen to know a great LFS guy. :awesome:

I have some Anubias nana "petite" that I could donate. It's growing aquatically right now.

Wireman I think I have that plant in my fishtank. I didnt think to keep it LMAO I am goign to have a water section with shrimp and or lobsters for fresh water.

Back