What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium Set Up

As some may remember that I have a little ten-gallon terrarium set up. Well, this is what it looks like:

11710793-ebf2-028001E0-.jpg

Although my D.capensis is really struggling for some odd reason. It produces a leaf then dies (any who I will make post in the sundew forum). What do you think? Also my pot for my nep is to big...I think I could cram more in if it was in a smaller pot.

thanks,
travis

Nice collection of CP, Travis.
smile.gif
Everything looks so healthy.
biggrin.gif

Everything looks great! The ventricosa looks especially good.

Joel©

Hey Travis,

THe only thing I see wrong with your setup, is that the plants aren't all ours
smile.gif

They're from SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!! <hisssssss>

heheheh

Thank you for the complements.
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

phlitrapguy:
I got the D. adelaes and the N. ventricosa from youz. They are doing great. I also had to flytraps but did not make thru the winter. The others I found at a greenhouse and droped my jaw because they were the first cp's I have found in MI for the last twelve years.
smile.gif
I can not keep my buggy eyes off of them
wow.gif

Thanks and I will never be done,
travis

nice setup howd you make it like what did ya use

Very nice Travis! The Ventricosa will be a nice showy plant in about another year or so!  
wink.gif

Kyle- looks like he used a regular fish aquarium and put tin foil on the back for reflective purposes.

You are soooo good Nep G.
wink.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
. I got the aquarium at Mal*Wart for 8 bucks and the light for about 20 smacks. I used tin foil for looks basically. You know looks are everything when you just have the basics...;)

travis

It is a regular fluorescent 10-gallon aquarium light. I put tin foil up and around the fluorescent light to make it brighter. It actually works to.

travis

what is it one of those screw in or different? and where did you get it at? and was light included? how long have you had that setup?

Travis, Your plants look awesome, I have basically the same setup, exept the tinfoil. But I have a question is that aquarium light a 15 watt radionic. I have the same light but I only use it at night, from sunset to whenever I go to bed just for extra light. I give them plenty of normal sunlight otherwise When I put them outside I have a screen to put on the top just so they don't catch to many bugs. And there are so many curious humming birds around here right now.

nahasapeemapetilon:
It is a 15w florecent light bulb. I do not take any of my plants outside any more. For light I have a timer it goes on at 6am to 8pm. It works really well exspecially when you go on vacation. I also feed my plants carpenter ants.

Joe Dirt:
I believe it is just a regular 10-gallon light set up. I got the aquarium at Mal*Wart for 8 bucks and the light for about 20 smacks. I have had that set up for about a year.

Thanks for the nice words,
travis
smile.gif

Back