What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium humidity

Hi everyone. I have recently set up a terrarium with some (nepenthes) 'Alata' in it. The whole of the plastic cover has misted up and has a fair amount of condensation on the inside. Is this too much for these plants? i have not yet been able to measure humidity but i am buying a humidity dial today.

Hey Chris,
There is never such thing of too much humidity. Nepenthes love humidity; the more the better.

I think as long as they aren't submerged they will be fine. Look through some of the pics in the Terrarium Pics Post, you'll see rivlets of water running down the glass in alot of the pictures.

Wont allot of humidity and lack of air move ment and co2 make the plants weak or kill them?

I was told at the other fourm site never to use a cover on my tank.

_-West-_

rreeeaaaaalllly....
I think they meant never SEAL your tank....Totally stagnant air can be bad, but as long as there is a partial openning you're fine.

Back