What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ten-gallon makeover

i was getting rather tired of my sorry-looking algae-covered cloth-type fake plants, so i decided to give the whole tank and overhaul (all fake plants... gotta love goldfish). soon to come are one or two golden apple snails for color and algae control, and maybe one more cabomba in the back left corner...

before... kinda bare and boring.
fishtank_before001.jpg

after... well i hope it improved somewhat ;) (Picasso refused to pose)
fishtank_after.jpg

Is that a red wag platy or swordtail I see? Picasso is showing his/her best side, see.
laugh.gif
Looking good, there, Heather!

Have you ever grown plant bulbs or banana plants or water sprite?

lol actually it is... printed on the background ;) i've had the background forever and it's one of those two-sided ones, i don't like the fact that it has fish on it (i dunno, it just looks weird) but the lighter colors on the other side just didn't match. good eye though!

i tried to grow a banana plant once, it never did much. i did like the look of it though, so when i saw the fake version i snapped it up! i would try one in the betta tank if it got more light, but for now, plastic is the way to go.

looks great!
I like the new design a lot better..
much more artistic that the old one..
(not that the old was bad, it was just simple.)
the new one is much more aesthetically pleasing..
Scot

Moonflower, how many fish tanks do you have going? I probably mentioned this before, but just before I went to Plattsburgh State, I had 8 tanks. One was filled with water sprite. Another was for a breeding pair of convicts and other for jewel fish. Another was for all manner of livebearers and the rest were devoted to breeding a variety of bubblenest builders (bettas, dwarf, blue, pearl, thicklipped, opaline gouramis, and paradise fish). I know unrealistic for that sort of endeavor right now, but maybe in a few years?

as far as major tanks go i only have the ten-gallon, i also have an orange male betta in a half-gallon bowl who goes to school with me, and a white male betta in my old 2-gallon filtered tank. i'm not much into breeding any kind of fish (lol my theory is, then i'd be stuck with the offspring!), but eventually i want to set up a 100+ gallon planted freshwater community tank, containing specifically pearl gouramis, various tetras (my favorites!), and maybe some clown loaches and/or barbs. lol that's a ways off though, as it requires a permanent setting and a good bit of money. but someday
smile.gif
i was never much interested in saltwater tanks for some reason... ah well freshwater is cheaper anyway!

and thank you all for the compliments!
smile.gif

No salt? But..... but... they're beautiful! Not to mention expensive! A 100 gallon community tank, aesthestically done, will look impressive.

Tetras? Hmmm.... Serrasalmo or Collosoma types?
smile_m_32.gif

Back