What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tanya(flytrapgurl) has a message for you all

• Thread starter Starman
  • Start date
Do your Grand P's have legal custody of you? Have you looked into becoming an emancipated minor? I'm not saying, at ALL, that that's the thing to do...but it's out there. April

My dad screams every word under the sun when hes angry(and he gets angry in front of me aswell over something), but then when it slips past my lips he reacts really bad and screams and pushes things........what a hypocrite, and hes seeting a GREAT example....NOT.

I know how you feel, Starman... All I can manage is "crap" around here. One time I got b****ed at for saying "hell".

April, well, that's kinda complicated... my MOM is technically my full legal guardian, because she has to be there for me to get shots or have tests done or anything, even though she signed a thing when I was little stating that my grandparents could have any medical thing done that I needed, etc., and yet I can't get shots or have tests done unless my mom is there. I can't even get a freaking library card unless she's there. I could only get a Blockbuster membership card because it was under my grandfather's name.

smile_h_32.gif
That is just not right...

Technically is all the law requires, LOL! If, technically, your mom decides that she wants you to live with her, the only thing your GP's could do is file suit in a court of law to stop you from living with your mother. They don't have any rights to you. Your mom and dad do. Plus, you're old enough that the court would take your point of view and wishes under advisement. You would have to make your case in a very rational and un-emotional way. Which might be hard, given the circumstances. start making a paper trail. April

I have had to deal with court since my parents got a divorce when I was about 4 years old or around there. I have learned to speak the truth and plan ahead. It sucked but I am stronger for it, and much closer to my sisters then ever. Anyways, I digress...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]They don't have any rights to you. Your mom and dad do.

No he doesn't. My mom gave me her last name when I was born instead of his and never listed him on the birth certificate or any other legal documents so he couldn't have any rights to me. Plus, I never knew my dad after I was 6 months old (never knew where he went from there) and I never knew a single thing about him from then on.. only that his name was Fred-something and he's from New York.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Plus, you're old enough that the court would take your point of view and wishes under advisement.

The court is more reasonable, understanding and rational than the people who raised me. Wow. You know that feeling you get when you hit rock-bottom?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You would have to make your case in a very rational and un-emotional way. Which might be hard, given the circumstances.

Eh, not really. I always make my case that way. It's not like I'm constantly screaming at them in overdramatic outburts, unless it's one of those knock-down, drag-out fights, but usually I make it a loud yet intelligent argument so as not to reinforce their theory than I'm an immature little kid. Usually it's just hiss-flame hate wars.

Eh, not really. I always make my case that way. It's not like I'm constantly screaming at them in overdramatic outburts, unless it's one of those knock-down, drag-out fights, but usually I make it a loud yet intelligent argument so as not to reinforce their theory than I'm an immature little kid. Usually it's just hiss-flame hate wars. <<

Didn't think you were a hissy-fit kind of girl. But, you're a better girl than I am, then! I'm usually rational and un-emotional..but there are times when, if my buttons are pushed.... I Don't lose my temper often..but when I do.....

Saying that your mom AND dad had rights to you was merely a hypothetical situation type of thing, since, obviously your dad is a "disinterested parent". Sorry about that! Hope I didn't offend or hurt your feelings! It's HIS loss, always remember that! April

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Didn't think you were a hissy-fit kind of girl.

I'm not. That's not what I meant to convey. I meant that most of the fights are the kind that most harmonious families would go into a permanent vegetative state over, not stupid little teen-adult arguments you see in the grocery store.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Sorry about that! Hope I didn't offend or hurt your feelings!

Why does everybody keep saying that? I've heard SO much worse stuff in my life and never been offended. I know he was a disinterested parent, that's not news to me. Apparently he was a d***, because my mom H-A-T-E-S the Buffalo Bills.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ April 20 2005,6:27)]because my mom H-A-T-E-S the Buffalo Bills.
Hey, dems fighin' woids! That's my 4 consecutive year Super Bowl Buffalo Bills team! This will severely affect someone's gratuity!

Tanya, it's called BEING POLITE, and having consideration for the feelings of others! April

I didn't mean for my response to come across as caustic.

That's okay, Tanya, I just didn't want to hurt your feelings. april

You guys are way too funny! Do either of ya'll remind you of anybody else?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Um. Wow. So. This is Tanya... and something motivated me to search this old screen name from when I was a kid & this thread was literally the first result and holy sh*t.

I remember all your screen names like this just happened. I don't know how many of yall are still active here or if you'll see this but from what I remember the thread with the most recent reply comes back to the top. So. This'll be a surprise maybe.

To make a long story long I used the forum search feature for my original screen name & went down a rabbit hole for longer than I wanted to last night & it felt like I teleported back to my childhood. Wow. Hello.

Last edited:
Um. Wow. So. This is Tanya... and something motivated me to search this old screen name from when I was a kid & this thread was literally the first result and holy sh*t.

I remember all your screen names like this just happened. I don't know how many of yall are still active here or if you'll see this but from what I remember the thread with the most recent reply comes back to the top. So. This'll be a surprise maybe.

To make a long story long I used the forum search feature for my original screen name & went down a rabbit hole for longer than I wanted to last night & it felt like I teleported back to my childhood. Wow. Hello.

I read through the first 12 pages or so. Did you ever become a Vet?

Edit: maybe I confused you with April, who said she wanted to be a Vet.

Last edited:
Welcome back, glad you got your grades up! :D :p

Well. I'm a new member, and this was a fun adventure. Lol

I read through the first 12 pages or so. Did you ever become a Vet?

Edit: maybe I confused you with April, who said she wanted to be a Vet.

Well I DID want to be a vet at some point growing up? I'm not sure if I had mentioned that in this thread but I was 13 at the time so I doubt it since I had grown out of that phase by then I believe. I am about to finish up undergrad & go to grad school to be an exercise science researcher though.

Welcome back, glad you got your grades up! :D :p

Adnedarn, when I tell you I remember that username like THIS LITERALLY JUST HAPPENED....... 😭😭😭

And that's the thing, I stand by everything 13yo me said in this thread still... I never needed to get my grades up. I rarely ever got a B. But if I even got a B on an exam I'd get reemed like this even with straight cumulative A's & lose privileges i hardly had to begin with (the only one was the computer really).

I ended up graduating high school with honors & maintained a 4.0 in college for 3 or 4 years until a couple of close B's rUiNED my streak but I've had 4.0 semesters since then.

I was also diagnosed as being on the autism spectrum earlier this year after years of suspecting it which certainly explains the depth of knowledge & articulation with which I spoke of CPs across all these posts between the ages of 11 & 13...

I was just messing around- like it took all these years to finally get the computer back because they finally let you get on, because better grades. ;)

Back