What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tank pics!

Well, its been a while. About 4 months later, and probably a million fish/plant/algae/etc. articles down the road, my tank is finaly established (or close enough). This wasn't to hard, mainly because I already had the lighting, and tank already down. Here are some specs:
20gal long
Red flourite subsrate
Plants (of course!):
Anachrasis
Ludwigia Repens
Java fern
Rotalata Indica
Water Wisteria
Banana plant
Unknown cryp, or anubias, it doesn't matter, its dying anyways
Moneywort
Fish:
Black Mollies
Sunset Fire Platies
Otos
Rubber Pipped Pleco
Penguin Bio-wheel 170
DIY CO2 injection
And without further adue
Full tank shot
DSC00217.jpg

Left side...
DSC00216.jpg

Middle...
DSC00214.jpg

Right side....
DSC00215.jpg

And there you have it. If you have to laugh, just dont do it loud enough for me to hear in arizona. I learned a lot from this tank. Note to self: Wait until tank is up and running to order plants, make sure that siphon tube is in bucket and not on carpet, water conducts electricity. Anyways....
Later,
Sundewd

HAHAHA!

No, just kidding... Very beautiful planted tank! It would be even better with the right fish in it! (im not saying you don't ahve the right fish, but i mean, that tank is fit for harder to grow, and rarer, species! You should try a few... i bet those ivory montys would love it!)

Spec: Patience Grasshoppa! Before you can run, you must learn to walk...
smile_m_32.gif

Nice for a first attempt! The elodea is looking great! In my tanks they tend to get to long and then the leaves start to shrink as it crawls along the surface, so I cut them in half every once in a while. I would reccomend adding some driftwood and attaching plants to it for more shape to this tank. A foreground would be nice. Java moss would be an undemanding foreground, as would dwarf sag.

Back