What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tamlin...

Hi all!

I just remembered that a while ago someone here (Tamlin I think, but a tad unsure) attempting to cross-breed a Drosera with a VFT.

I think it would be super interesting to know what (if anything)became of that experiment, so could you please maybe give an update on it?

Thanks /Quensel

I have never done the eperiment myself, but others have attempted in the past to cross D. regia and Dionaea. The results were surprising to me: seed was actually produced but the embyros were always defective and always aborted.

What would make an interesting experiment would be to duplicate the experiment and to try placing the resulting embryo into TC. Personaly I doubt anything would come of it, but you never know until you try.

Other crosses between various Drosera species and Dionaea were also tried, but in all cases it was no go.

Aww... that's a pity, my mind has sprouted all sorts of weird results
smile.gif

/Quensel

I've entertained the same thing Mannannan! It's a pretty cool plant that I picture in my head.
biggrin.gif

Back