What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sweet smelling cp flowers

Does anyone have perfumy flowers on any of their CP?

OK, I am talking "Ahhhhhhhh!" or "oooooooooh!". Maybe "ooooooooooo"

NOT

"Eeeeeewwwww" "Eeeeeeeuck" or "Gaaaaaack"

You get the idea. If you got 'em, list 'em! I figure there are probably sweet smelling surprises in every genera. It might be good to have them all together as a reference.

Thanks!

My offering:

Drosera dichrosepala: a pygmy species. Smells a lot like night blooming cerus.

S.catesbaei
smile.gif
Good thing my variety didn't show up with the semll of cat pee - lucky me, the 2nd flower has even a stronger smell and its petals are more red, which of its parents is it showing most of again...
smile_l_32.gif

What time is it there, Tamlin?

No flowers yet (even my U. livida refuses to flower
smile_h_32.gif
), but I have high hopes for the S. rubra I saved from Lowe's last christmas.

I've got a stuffy nose...
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

livida refuses to flower? mine refuses to stop. even taking chunks out of it to trade hasnt fazed it. it just keeps sending up more and more flower stalks. hmmm maybe ill have to dig my D. rotundifolia out to see if it smells.

Rattler

Spec,

Why does it not surprise me that you like the smell of cat pee?
No, no, I am looking for something you wouldn't mind sniffing on your girlfriends neck....., or something I wouldn't mind smelling on your girlfriends neck.....

U. livida are scentless, but U. alpina is very sweet.

C'mon you guys, go sniff!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ June 08 2004,2:11)]or something I wouldn't mind smelling on your girlfriends neck.....
smile_k_ani_32.gif

mad.gif
laugh.gif

My S.rubra flowered this year for the first time. It's true it does smell like cherry kool-aid. I had a hard time getting my wife to smell it. I guess she fell for the "Wow the Flava flower smells really good" trick too many times. She fell for it for 3 years in a row, including this year again. LOL
smile.gif

My U.blanchettii has a sweet smell.

My D.indica and my B.liniflora have a honey smell which comes from the plant not from the flowers (see my question in the cpuk forum).

Jan

Back