What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Survival of plant in mail

Hey All,

I have a shipment of CPs that i ordered in august and it was in the mail as of oct 6th. They are currently being held for inspection by CITES (convention on international trade of endangered species) I purchased a phytosanitary certificate but that seems to not have been enough to accelerate them across the border. How long can CPs survive in the mail this time of year. I have a range of lowland neps to VFTs to Sundews. Any ideas,

Zac

I've had neps go a week with no problem whatsoever. I've had sarras go 2 weeks in the mail (these were rubra ssp gulfensis from the Crestview FL rescue, and they went to my brother's house and sat in a box for a couple weeks) and even that recovered. Provided you get them in the next several days, they should recover, but some of them will be stressed. Be prepared!

Capslock

Plants cam look like, "death warmed over" in a Priority shipment as well, but more so if it is during the summer and / or they weren't shipped skillfully.

Back