What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surface moss and CP cultivation

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
Does anyone have a method to reduce/eliminate this moss. I believe that sometimes it is so vigorous that it forces my CP into less than optimum conditions, even so far as to cause them to fail. Help
confused.gif

The best thing to do is repot the plant or remove the moss with tweesers (itll take a long time lol). Or just take the plant out, remove the climps of moss, and send moss to a person who likes them
smile.gif

Hmm.. what if you can't get it out with tweezers? I have several pots of seedling Pings that the moss has overgrown but when I pull at it with tweezers the soil comes up too and pulls the baby Pings with it!
confused.gif

I found a good way to help prevent moss though.. microwaving the peat before using it has worked wonders.... it's been months and still no moss in the pots I microwaved before planting..

killing moss... for shame!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Back