What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthrive

I have a feeling its an overasked question, but I didnt see topics about it, SOOO...

How do I mix it... How many drops per 2L bottle?
I assume I apply it by just watering with it, as opposed to just regular water... Does this go for all CPs?

Thanks! (and thanks Jeff)...

Greg

Use superthrive 1 drop to a gallon... not sure on the litres... since no dropper is supplied with the product one can assume it is a fast an loose rule, however, overdosing on nepenthes has cuased them not to pitcher.

As far as using it on all plants, yeah, I have used it on every single CP I own with no ill effects.

AND IT'S GUARANTEED!
(not a guarantee)

biggrin.gif

1 gallon= 3.785 liters

I am HANGING to get hold of this stuff!

Can anyone suggest a place that sells it on the net and ships overseas to somewhere as obscure as here in Bali?

Cheers, Troy.

Hey, FB,

You could try these guys:
Interior Gardens, Inc.
Have not dealt with them myself, but did a quick search on "superthrive" using
Google
and it was one of the matches produced. If this doesn't help, trya similar
search; am sure you'll find a supplier who will ship to you.

Thanks Jeff, tried them and they don't deliver to Indo unfortunately
sad.gif

Just had a look at the official Superthrive web site - it gets my vote for one of the WORST on the web.
It's really bad!
Hope they didn't pay anyone to design it, looks like they scanned a couple of articles and some labels from their product and just put em up there on the net.

While browsing the site I got flashes of guys in waistcoats trying to rustle up a crowd while standing in the doorway of a shabby caravan. "SNAKE OIL"

If it weren't for all the good reports I've read abut the stuff...
They really should do something about that site.

Cheers, Troy.

That ugy website is exactly what Superthrive's packaging is like, covered in little promotional blurbs. And yes, "Snake Oil" is exactly what I thought the first time I saw the bottle stapled to the card in the garden center.

I regularly overdose my cp's with no ill effects. I just can't see how 1 tiny drop can make a whole gallons worth. Unlike Ram, I do kinda think its snakeoil. Doesn't seem to hurt so I'll continue using it till I run out. One of these days I'll have to do my experiment to see if it really does work or not.

I've overdosed my nep, but that took something like 400% solution everyday for two weeks. It suspended the pitcher growth for months, but gave me a huge amount of new leaf growth, including a shoot from the side of the main stem.

hehehehe! L.O.L.!!! I wonder what would happen if you did that for a year?!
wow.gif
tounge.gif
smile.gif
heeeheee!!! i'm currently testing on my VFT, but only a regular dose. I'll make a cutting of a gracilis and try that!
smile.gif

My VFTs love it. I give them a half squirt (waterbottle) every other week mixed it with their regular water. Doesn't do so well for VFT seedlings, but the medium and full sized get a big boost.

apparently the guy who invented superthrive comes from that carnival sales type era...

I avoided the stuff for a while until a family member convinced me it really was good stuff...

I started using it, and have been happy with the results.

Fatboy,

I have shipped Superthrive to Cindy in China before, and I wouldn't mind shipping some to you. Just let me figure out the cost and shipping on it (PM your address to me) and I'll pick some up, let you know the cost, and slap it in the mail.

Thanks Ram, and Josh (he offered to do the same thing).

I kept looking on the net and found a place in the UK that delivers
biggrin.gif
and I already ordered, I think it was a gallon (or was it a pint?).

Thanks again anyway guys.

Cheers, Troy.

Back