What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunlight

Hm.....Many of my cps have gone sick throughout the month due to the strong sunlight. I tried limiting their sunlight, but they always end up getting burned. Its a substrate terrarium so its really hard to move around. I gave them full day, then half day, den 2 hours, there are always sum cps that always get sick or die cause of too much sunlight. So I'm going to finally make an indoor lighting stage for them. Where they will only recieve the lights for indoor, no sun at all. I was hoping if you guys can teach me make something and the equipment I have to buy.

If you use the "Search" function above the forums and type in Lighting , select "All open forums" you will find probably all the information you need to get started. Many people have asked questions about lighting and gotten lots of good responses.
All you have to do is take the time to read some of the great answers. Good luck
smile.gif

You can slowly acclimate your terrarium to full sunlight by using a paper screen to intercept the light. I've used japanese style paper lanterns over individual plants that I want to grow outside...You can cheaply adjust the amount of light by changing from lets say wax paper to parchment. You can get by doing this for less than $15.00...

This way your plants get a lot of light but no direct sun
smile.gif

When the plants are hardened off you can slowly increase the # of direct sun falling on the plants. Takes some time and money but it is worth it.

Damon

Back