What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sundews

Hi all. Anyone have rotundifolia or 'Hybrida' available? I used to gow 'em and would like to try them again.

I've got rotunds with location data.
What's the offer?

i'm the same as mass.

i've got rotundifolia too :D if you need a third person with rotundifolias that is...

I've got a 'Charles Darwin' that needs dividing, this would probably be best suited to yout climate. I do have a clump of Big Lagoon, CA and seed of Little Woahink, OR and a couple locations from the NE. I have some of the natural tetraploid D. × hybrida from Butterfly Valley, CA in the care of Ivan. These caused a long running flap on the ICPS listserv if you follow that. I suspect John Brittnacher will have seed of these soon. Seems very fertile and vigorous. I can't promise you one of these though, status of the plants is unknown until I talk to Ivan. All of these except 'Charles Darwin' will need fairly cold winters for dormancy.

I can send you whatever gratis since you send stuff for the LACPS now and then.

Last edited:
Big Lagoon has done well for me. Has gone dormant in my conditions. Still waiting to see about the Oregon one. Otoh 'Charles Darwin' did so do and slowly died out. My winters are not cold for long periods of time. Maybe over night low down to mid thirtys. Then back up to the sixty to seventy range in the day.

I've got a 'Charles Darwin' that needs dividing, this would probably be best suited to you climate. I do have a clump of Big Lagoon, CA and seed of Little Woahink, OR and a couple locations from the NE. I have some of the natural tetraploid D. × hybrida from Butterfly Valley, CA in the care of Ivan. These caused a long running flap on the ICPS listserv if you follow that. I suspect John Brittnacher will have seed of these soon. Seems very fertile and vigorous. I can't promise you one of these though, status of the plants is unknown until I talk to Ivan. All of these except 'Charles Darwin' will need fairly cold winters for dormancy.

I can send you whatever gratis since you send stuff for the LACPS now and then.

Back