What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suffering Nepenthes

Hey all. My recently acquired ephippiata is suffering. Although humidity is now stabilized, I had some problems with my new enclosure. As a result, many leaves have curled up and turned papery (they are still green).

Should I clip them off? They don't seem to be getting any better and I don't think they can still help the plant. Thanks in advance.

-D. Lybrand

Hi, im not a pro but if it stil green, it is ok, right?

I say don't clip them off if its green, esp. not near the growing tip. Similar thing happened to few of my Neps (e.g. albomarginata), one of its leaves curled under the plant and produced a pitcher which is now sitting on the growing tip. Strangely enough the pitcher has lasted for about 5 months now...
confused.gif

Keep the leaves.
smile.gif
The least they can do is to make food and help the plant tide over the current situation.

I agree with everyone so far. I would keep the leaves on the plant just so photosynthesis can still take place. It can only help your plant!

Thanks a bunch guys! I think it will revover, since it is still putting out new leaves.

-D. Lybrand

my errm "mutant" did the same thing but the leaves have hardened up so it should be ok now

Let's see if I can get a pic because I think people may have misunderstood the symptoms.

-D. Lybrand

Back