What's new

Stupid people

Finch

Whats it to ya?
the poison is targeted for prarie deogs witch have by far the highest likelyhood of ingesting the special poison. A gas will indesciminatly kill anything living in the burrows, including all the rare species dependent upon the prarie dgs for their survival

besides, it's like roundups. Not only prarie dogs live there but burrowing owls, tortoises, snakes, etc. etc. etc.

I hear that prarie dogs actually good in that the burrows open up the soil and allow for better circulation.

I think the main concern is that cattle or whatever might ste in and injure themselves?

This is one of those animals I say just had it coming with our way of life-just like the birds that lived on islands, our Cp's, the big carnivores or whatever gets in the way of people and needs important resources/habitat.

Finch

Whats it to ya?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]besides, it's like roundups. Not only prarie dogs live there but burrowing owls, tortoises, snakes, etc. etc. etc.

No, its not like that at all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]This is one of those animals I say just had it coming with our way of life-just like the birds that lived on islands, our Cp's, the big carnivores or whatever gets in the way of people and needs important resources/habitat.

so you think we shouldnt change our intentions just a eeny bit to accomidate for these species? sounds selfish to me

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]No, its not like that at all.
why not? they spray gasoline inside their burrows so that the rattlesnakes come out and other wildlife like tortoises are harmed by it. then they tourture the rattlesnakes and kill them.

Finch

Whats it to ya?
diddnt u read the article u cited?! it said the poisin was being dropped from the back of off-road vheicles

I know... but gasoline is sprayed into the burrows and it becomes a gas. and if it's a gas or a liquid doesn't matter! it's a comparison. My point was that it would hurt other animals like tortoises and burrowing owls in the burrow, like roundups.

Sure the prarie dogs are the most likely to eat the poison, but then buzzards eat the prarie dogs etc.

Gas just hurts the animals in the burrows, but it blows away as soon as the burrows are unblocked.

Peter

Finch

Whats it to ya?
and all the animals that rely on pririe dogs live in the burrows as well (exept the mountain plover)